Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question on FPS(Not about dates or Multiplayer, it's about map making)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 02:07
When creating maps for the games, are we limited to pre-fab brushes? Such as a wall is a wall this size only or changeable but there are limits. Plus when it comes to doors, how is that handled? Are we just stuck with the type the open up like a camera shutter(you know, the ones in the movie that was produced) and the kind that just slide open. Is it possible for us to create our own types of doors, walls etc, or is most of this just changeable by texture only?

SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe you can make/import your own doors. And you aren't limited to just the prefabs. You can change them around a bit from what I understand, and just import your own models (like walls). And you can save your own different prefabs.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 04:16
Quote: "When creating maps for the games, are we limited to pre-fab brushes? Such as a wall is a wall this size only or changeable but there are limits. Plus when it comes to doors, how is that handled? Are we just stuck with the type the open up like a camera shutter(you know, the ones in the movie that was produced) and the kind that just slide open. Is it possible for us to create our own types of doors, walls etc, or is most of this just changeable by texture only?"

FPSC comes with a segment editor which allows you to create your own segments from X models if you wish to. I believe that FPSC has a variety of different types of door (ie. not just camera shutter ones).

Doors are a combination of a static segment with a "punch brush" that removes part of the wall you insert it into, and an animated door entity which opens when you get close enough (or when you unlock it, depending on the FPI script that is assigned to the door).

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Doors are a combination of a static segment with a "punch brush" that removes part of the wall you insert it into, and an animated door entity which opens when you get close enough (or when you unlock it, depending on the FPI script that is assigned to the door)."

So you're saying we can make our own doors out of models, you just need the punch brush, a script, and an animation?
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 02:22
Rob,
That is very good news. In fact, I think I believe the first thing I will do in FPS is get used to editing stuff with it, then create my own media. Not to say that the media TGC is going to include is bad in anyway, I like what I see in the pictures. However, I would feel better about creating my own and using it instead. It's a personal issue.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:48:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:48:47