Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Important Message to the Forum Moderators(?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 15:02
Hi, a friend of mine is having troubles to sign in here. Here is his e-mail:

"Hi its Kangaroo2 I'm having trouble There seems to be some kinda bug in the forums and for the past 2 days I haven't been able to sign in. When I do sign-in it appears to work but whenever I click a message to reply to it signs me out again and takes me back to the front page! Therefore I can't post messages! This is not a problem with my security settings cookies etc. as I have not changed them, the forums just suddenly cut me out! All other forums I use are working fine, just not DBPro? If any1 can help please email me at samjones@kangaroo2.com thank you "

Thanks in advance
"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."
http://www.alexrogue.hpg.com.br//avatars/hadoken.gif[/img]
Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 19:35
THANKS Ryu - man you're a diamond I still can't sign in in MSInternetExplorer, but MoZilla lets me. So that would lead me to think my MSIE security settings are wrong - but I havn't changed them and they worked fine before! Grr please does any1 know why? I like Mozilla, but not for this forum, no snippets

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 23:24
No problem u r welcome bub . Hope u can fix ur problem soon . I will e-mail u tomorrow and tell u what happened with my avatar and signature, it's kinda funny .

About Mozilla, I love the Zoom function with crtl and + keys. Some sites put the smallest fonts u can use and it's so boring to read :S. Sad it takes much more of windows resources and can get really slow if u have multiple windows... . Or else I should definitly say good bye IE ^_^.

Just an idea about IE too Click in options, then internet-options, then in the folder "program" click in "restore webproperties"... I'm just guessing it reads like that cuz my IE is in swedish, but cannot be that diferent ^_^. Then see what happens

Cya around

"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:58
your using Internet Explorer 6.0 right?

Menu Tools -> Internet Options -> [Privacy] -> Websites (Edit)

Then add http://www.darkbasicpro.com (maybe http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo as well)

reason for this is cause i had this problem a while back, when i visited a site which REQUIRED cookies to veiw for some ungodly reason it blocked out all other websites that needed them.

The Service packs for XP and IE6 actually fixx many JavaScript|Java|.Net problems with sites like this (the IE6 compatibility for these isn't exactly outstanding lol) but that should fixx the problem in IE until you can download the patches

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 05:45
o_O word to your brain... O_O wow thats pretty insane...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 10:25
Thanks guys

Thanks Vegeta I already tried that to no avail I will however download the Service pack as soon as I have time Hope it fixes it, the lack of tag and snippet buttons in Mozilla is annoying me

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 15:50
have you got the password helper thing on in IE?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 17:28
What about the firewall ?

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 19:54
Martyn - Yes I have been using the password helper, it seems to randomly turn its self on and off tho (?)

TAT - I'm not using a Firewall, I just back up every night It helps with speed

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 12:47
Not using a firewall ?! TUT TUT!

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 12:54
I had one and it slowed down performance sooooo much I back up everyday tho and can just re-image my hard-drive if there's a problem Still need to fix this blummin IE thing tho - I'm considering just uninstalling and re-installing it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:06:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:06:34