Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How many guns can we design per game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 11:09
Again....just tallying up possibilities here, but are we limited by how many gun designs we can have per game? Or can we design 100 assorted types, each with their own firing style, damage and ammo? I am curious about the possibility of creating secret weapons that you have to uncover by exploration, or certain weapons that can shoot a certain type of door down. Just a thought. Also...its kinda gettin painful now, waiting....I am not going out these days and the sun hurts my eyes...girls dont look at me anymore and I am not sleeping. Just thought I'd share that last bit with you.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 18:32
Realistically, as many as you want I think.

Quote: "Also...its kinda gettin painful now, waiting....I am not going out these days and the sun hurts my eyes...girls dont look at me anymore and I am not sleeping. Just thought I'd share that last bit with you. "

Go outside.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 19:49
It depends on how many keys you have on your keyboard.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
X Trade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 20:49
surly, justm na suggestion... but in Jedi Knight: Mysteries Of The Sith, they had a very good method of being able to have more than 10 weapons... you merely press the key more than once, for example, 1 would first take you to the briar pistol, then press it again and you would have that other pistol thingie.... same with '7' i think, would first bring out the rail detonator, then the heet-seeking rail detonator...

just a suggestion. i thought it was a very useful feature of the game you'see

www.AoFP.tk
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 21:29
I agree - Half Life has this as well. I don't think FPSC does though.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
DLS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 21:57
Quote: "It depends on how many keys you have on your keyboard."

personaly i think it depends on how many FINGERS u got.

system specs: AMD XP 3000+, 512Mb DDR333, nvidia ge-force FX 5600 128MB, 1x8Gb & 1x40Gb HHD, 52x CD drive, DVD+RW 4x, Sound Blaster 128.... all in a Nokia 8310 case :0D
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""It depends on how many keys you have on your keyboard.""

So if the weapons are controlled by the numbers on the keboard, you could only have 10?!?
Can you assign more keys to the keypad, like to switch weapons you'll press either 1,3,4,2,5,6,7,8,9,0,g,d,q,etc?
Evarcha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 23:41
Thats actually a good idea, linking the "1" key to arm maybe 3 variants of the same gun with 3 degrees of power...I am thinking as I am typing this that its quite a complicated thing to implement and i am sure the guys have been to busy to incorporate such a weapon-switching system. Maybe incorporated into FPSC 2 eh?
Evarcha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 01:03
Ejecting brass? is that an option too?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 02:07
Couldn't you just switch weapons with the scroll wheel!?!? It wouldn't interfere with a scoped weapon if you right-clicked to activate the scope.

And also, how mutch cutomization do you have when it comes to setting up the controlls for a game? Can you use every key on the keyboard and every button on the mouse? Or do you have to pick from the controlles that a standered FPS would have? Sorry there's a lot of questions.

thanks
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 10:58
Will FPSC let you use the mousewheel to change weapons?

Guns arn't the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arn't a problem anymore.
Chimera the 2nd
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope so cos many games have this kind of weapon scrolling and I'm kinda used to it
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 16:05
Yup

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 16:48
I think it ejects brass already, but I doubt it would allow you to assign more than one weapon to a single key. Looks like we'll be using '¬', '_' '+' and backspace too .

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 13:01
Dang. Everyone's talking about the FPSC. That's great and all, just give us the FPSC! (Can't wait ya know)!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:26:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:26:18