Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I'm back!! What did I miss?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 15:38
Trillian!

That should install!

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 16:31
yeah thats only like a mb isn't it... could download to diskette

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Incandescant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 18:16
we aren't allowed to install soft on our Uni network (but they've put messenger in the 24hr lab ) So you could d/l tril;lian to your user space and run it fornm there, all the files it needs are kept in the one location and it doesn't edit the registry unless you tell it to. Which is how we chatted before thye put MSN on all the comps in the 24 hr lab.
Try that Rose, see how it goes. It worked here

System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 22:52
i always just used MSN ... and most Uni's have it anyway because 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP all come with it as standard.
Which is why its kinda weird that it hasn't been installed but i dunno.

though when i was at college Trillian wasn't out, so lol - came out like 3months after i graduated if i remember
NetScape messenger is on alot college systems too - for some reason they like to install NetScape and set it up as the "standard" Browser

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 09:51
Thats bacasue Netscape is a Dev Browser

In other words most developers i know use Netscape casue of its free ness

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 08:22
Personally found it easier to develop my own with MFC
and can give it the same abilities and Desktop Browser... but i dunno Netscape always was very awkard to me.

Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 15:02
Thanx guys

Tryed the download to the disk thing, it downloaded ok, but would run!

Oh well, I'll probably only get caught using it in the main labs so I'll stick to the crappy final year labs.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 16:16
Ok, dont exactly know u rose, but every now and then u pop up, Ur are truelly loved by people on these forums, and i too is glad to see a women interested in games programming, u dont get that often and women are so much easy to work with in game teams then men, because us men tend to fly off the handle when the code dont work, or the model wont load because the dll you just coded to loaded it doesnt read a byte its ment to.. u know we'll chuck monitors around the room and stuff, newayz. Gd on taking the c++ module, but it is a very annoying language and it bieng a high-level language you do have to code EVERYTHING your game/app needs unless you already got a DLL which can be moded or just used. But it should be interesting for you have fun, maybe spk to u sometime. Urz, the one and only, KillerSponge

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 17:45
hi rose
*sprays himself with lemon scented fly-spray*

mmmmm minty

InSiDeR
Visit the NEW DBPlanet, Click Here
"...Yay i got one strap loose..."
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 21:27
I guess you don't know me very well, just ask Raven.
Perfect Example:
I couldn't do memblocks and he was trying to teach me through MSN, I just got so annoyed. We ended up giving up!

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 09:43
LMAO, what the hell was i on when i posted that?!?!?!

InSiDeR
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 17:45
probably that lemon scented fly spray

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 18:31
lol, i just missed you rose, as i logged off you name came up on MSN

Next time...

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 19:50
Raven: hmmmmm i think your right

Pittuck: ahhh the mysteries of love

InSiDeR
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 21:21
hehe

JayDee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2003 15:14
This topic is getting "HOT" lol

Regards DBP Coder
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2003 16:30
yup, its all me i tells ya

InSiDeR
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2003 20:53
personally i think its a little chilli around here cause Rose hasn't been on for a few days

JayDee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2003 10:49
hehe. BTW everybody here! If you got MSN? Add me
jonerik84@hotmail.com

Regards DBP Coder
JayDee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2003 10:49
just need some few more contacts

Regards DBP Coder
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2003 11:01
lmao i would... but right now i have to delete contacts daily as i'm only allowed 512

ho hum

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2003 17:53
I'm still here, I'm in nearly everyday, just being nosy!

I just haven't posted as much recently cause I'm doing some really depressing Prolog assignments and as well a being really boring, I have a deadline for them. UGH!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2003 22:03
awww... hey checkout your Forum tommorrow morning i'll have finished your selection screen and the first game for you

a map is up there now, i was trying to capture a certain style - i'm not too happy with the results and will be remaking ... right now though i'm still torn between making the land open as a map and stay as a 2D Map

or open as a map and the kinda blend into a full 3D Terrain - really was inspired by that Dragons Empire Odd3D show'd last nite and think i want to make some impressive 3D terrain for you but keeping with the kinda semi-cartoony style.
And i really wanna have a go at making a dragon, so how about Boltz calls one for the final battle which Raven has to battle - cause that'll be cool.

Back to the 3 mini-games + end boss is cool for now... means can put alot more time into these and i don't have to spend hours and hours explaining how everything works (^_^)

well catch ya laters honei, try to get on msn more cause i'd love to be able to talk to you more about this - i mean remember this is your project not mine so i need the input

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
JayDee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 10:13
Raven: 512 contacts on you msn? :o lol isn't that a bit to many allredy?

Regards DBP Coder
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 10:31
i have 10 family, 38 regular contacts, 25 friends, 42 from work, numerous DarkBasic users, numerous Maya users, numerous CT users ... plus my JK2 Clan & Regulars for that

blah blah it all ammounts to too many, and thats on my current account - there are more on my old account + AIM + Yahoo! which isn't all that bad cause it just really has my friends from TSO on it like 25 contacts on there + KG

then have all sorts of girls on these things that for some reason have my email and just message me
its like "Hello do i know you?"
and i'm like "you added me to you bloody list you tell me!"

somedays messenger is a godsend, somedays you just wanna throttle the creators of them
so many people are accepted then deleted after i use them, so the next time they contact me i have to accept them again - but thankfully most just wanna talk once get a stupidly simple problem done then gone again.

its strange cause for some reason i only have around 50 people who are on regularly, most peeps are like every other day or less ... kinda weird

i think i need to setup my second messenger for like person peeps only and then have one thats for anyone else, but too much hassle cause niether messenger does multiple instances

lol ... this is all very ironic, cause i kinda hate talking to people - even over messengers. They'll be sitting there for like 5mins blinkin at me whilst i work and i'll just ignore it until i think they're gonna get the hump with me, or until i notice something worth replying to quickly

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 12:51
How on earth did you manage to get 512? It blocked me off at 256 saying that was the maximum it allows!

Oh and I added you to my MSN account Raven but you didn't authorise it

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 14:06
hehee... really? i get so many i guess i must've hit my limit again
i know i accepted one person last nite, but i haven't checked who it is yet - so probably was you (^_^)

i'm not sure how i got the limit, i seem'd to get more than 256 when i upgraded to 5.1 Beta, and its stuck even though i use 5.0 Retail so i dunno... kinda ridiculous at the moment, i wanna sit here and clean out all the unused people - but just takes so long

just finished a new graphics, Princess Rose - well the sketch of her anyways. Trying to access my webspace, some reason the HTTP front keeps dying on me.
so i've uploaded it

and someone wanted to join in development, but i forgot who hehee - i think it was Puffy, or it was SirManfred ... now i've said it lucks be it'll be niether hehee

(^_^) she took me the past hour and a half to draw the hand was a bitch to do too, cause she had to be kinda Reaching for Raven, think gonna grab a quick lunch and then get on with Boltz and his dragon

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 14:10
well hopefully my http front will come online again soon - begining to drive me insane the amount of maintainance in the past week... ho well guess it adds suspense

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 18:14
Just finished the dragon... almost 3hrs on this beastie, and it certainly should look the part when he's in the main picture

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 19:10

got a lil bored whilst trying to post this in Rose's forum, so i did a quick colour

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 22:47
Ok that pencil dragon drawing is really good! Not sure about the coloured version but that may be my stupid monitor again Just ordered a 21" beast of a flatscreen Only cost £200!

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2003 06:07
yeah... i've been looking into making a new system recently, flatscreens are definatly dropping to sensible prices now

you see that SpaceCube case? cuase i got one like the day before last ... they're so cool - about the size of a GameCube they just look awesome.
I'm still wondering what to kit this machine out with, probably go with AMD AlthonXP 2200+ on a Gigabyte 768 board, but then again i've been wondering about getting that Optus P4/AMD board, hmm the decisions

JayDee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 16:07
wooooa :o good looking drawings there m8

Regards DBP Coder
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 16:57
sorry, i was sick again....
Those pictures look great Raven, I should be on MSN 2morrow evening so I'll chat then...

I'm afraid I haven't done anything since I was last chatting to you.. I just need a good kick in the ass to me motivated!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 18:17
aww you've been poorly
:: hugs Rose :: well don't worry i've not been slacking, finished some good things - and was working on the final boss a little yesterday.

I reckon i'll have a rough version up by the end of the week (so many things right now KGs finished up, Cuckoo Catch, designing my compeition entry, getting ready for ireland and going home) and those are just the important things right now hehee.

Got a cool map selection screen, its in 3D with a basic Raven ... you can walk about like FF9, when you get outside of the things it comes up with a description + press space to enter thing.
even have it so that Boltz Castle is just a Mountain with a cloud of gas - and will fade into veiw when you unlock it

Hope you feel better soon, make sure you rest up cause stressing about things won't help ya nothin (^_^)

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 19:05

Poor Rose

Hope you are well now.

PS. I am working on a new website that you may be interested in Rose...

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 19:24
The only thing you missed, Rose, was me ^_^... (awwwww)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2003 13:20
Thanx guys,
I'm trying to get permisson to repeat final year, but I don't think thats allowed so I think they are gonna push me through with only a 2:2 degree cause thats what my average is now.

I would gladly do anything to get a second chance at those exams that I messed up in January.

Life's Cruel!

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 03:26
Yeh it is... o_O I don't have a girlfriend... thats how cruel it is...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 08:03
Finaly worked up the energy to read through this tread.

So, you're the one who's hindering Raven's Zelda game.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 12:45
Actually to begin with it was being developed along side ... it kinda when i realised that she's gonna take one look at the code and go "huh??" i thought should be back benched for a lil

isn't to say the development has completely stopped, infact alot of the elements of gameplay will be very noticeable within the level selection and end boss game.
Because the level selection which be alot like just running around hyrule fields as it changes from night to day (every 5minutes) and at night the Orcs come out to play ... i've simply cut everything back from being like starting an entire adventure and the world format being used now is a VERY simplistic version, infact apart from the Castle which uses a cut down fmtBSP 9 routine the rest is just fogged and camera distanced matrix and such.
Buildings fade in and out of veiw as do terrain objects based on distance rather than visual rang - actually give a volumetric fog effect and is quite nice

today i've had to start gameSpace again because brand spanking new OS installation - so i have NOTHING on here cept the Pro demo, Max4, Yahoo! & AOL ... i'll be looking at probably making something quite ordinary at first and adding the complexities.

Main reason for starting a full blown dev again is because its far easier to give KG what he wants as plugins for something, and i'd rather code in something i know inside and out if you know what i mean

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:11:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:11:29