Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How could i make my add plug-in-able?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'n making a terrain editor, and was wondering what would happen if sometime in the future someone wanted to make a plug-in to be able to plant trees, or i wanted to make an expansion to plot rivers etc, what would i have to do to make it possible for myself and others to do this?

I understand it's something to do with making my own scripting language, but please can someone be very nice and explain to me in great detail, i've had no experience of plug-ins before except installing the advanced terrain plug-in and CR's .net

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
oops, that was meant to say "app" :S

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 10:00
Well, basically all you do is have your own scripting system with all the stuff that your editor can do and junk. Then the dll's use those commands and other stuff to make it better. Thats the simple version

Hi
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 07:54
hmmm
perhaps i could help i am working on ym own scripting language and could help u with yours

here is an idea for like umm the functions of dlls
have it like a find first..find next type thing and have it open each script file and have it like a keywords file type thing

come to my forums http://hck83.darktech.info/forum/ formerly: 404 name not found
"others understand me but i dont understand my own thoughts"
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 07:58 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2005 07:59
ok, make a quick demo of what you can do, show me it, if i like it i'll let you in the team

edit: though i was initially thinking of plugins as in dll's but whatever.

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 08:36
here is my old scripting program it is in for a rewrite right now though
it uses a single array for each vairbale type and references them by numbers which is mainly what i am doing the rewrite for
well here is the actual program

and of course a simple media player showing its usability

well there u go the things i am changing about it are the vairables
able to have gosubs(functions im nto sure about)
able to have unlimited variables as logn as they are predeclared(u cant just say print abc uwould have to dim abc as int then print abc
make it faster
and some other stuff
current rewrite progress 5%

come to my forums http://hck83.darktech.info/forum/ formerly: 404 name not found
"others understand me but i dont understand my own thoughts"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:27:14