Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Where is the SDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Where is the SDK available which these people used to create these plugins? I would like to create a scene management plugin for Dark Basic Pro and need to be able to get at the internals of the DB environment. There is a C++ library DBPro:: but I can not find it.
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 03:35
you speak of the interface lib, which has unfortunatly been discontinued *cough*conspiracy*splutter* but i think you can call the functions by calling the dll's (dbpro's in thte temp folder) from your dll, not sure exactly how it works

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Vir Ex Machina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, that's a drag.

I assume all of these plugins like Nuclear Glory etc were using this interface?

Why did the interface get discontinued? I would really like to be able to get into the DBPro internals to write plugins that could modify the behavior of it like custom scene management.
cybernetic wraith
Years of Service
User Offline
The interface was discontinued due to the never-cease-to-disappoint people at TGC. When they released the DarkSDK for C++ and charge for it, they "asked" the creator of the C++ interface to remove it from his website, despite there being nothing illegal about it. They say they are creating a DLL interface for DBP users of thier own, yet we have not seen one that is adequate for any real use. My recommendation is that if you wish to create a DLL in C++ for DBP you call the DLL functions directly, or create your own interface library. I'd create one but I've pretty much lost all faith in TGC until they can show me otherwise.

Cheers and good luck!
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 17:57
Quote: "I assume all of these plugins like Nuclear Glory etc were using this interface?"

actually nuclear glory don't use dbpro's plugin system at all, the use call dll so the dll doesnt actually move anything it is the include file that does

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 19:08
Alright im going to put a stop to this pathetic conspiracy theory right now.

Last October when I went to the convention it was IanM that drove me most of the way(the creator of the interface lib), he was telling me what had happened. He said that Mike had asked that he stopped distributing it, and he was under no obligation to stop so you can shut this conspiracy crap up right now.

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 23:06
Quote: "so you can shut this conspiracy crap up right now"

okay - but just to annoy you

CONSPIRACY

thank you

Vir Ex Machina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, how would you go about making an interface? You would have to know the functions and their data inputs and what they return. Is it written in C++? If it is then the names are going to be mangled.

So what do you do, stub all the function prototypes, load up the DLL and then attach them to function pointers and then call them like C functions?

All I want is to be able to write third party command DLLs that can interface to DBPro and do useful things like map loaders, or custom collision etc.
Vir Ex Machina
Years of Service
User Offline
Dudes, the damn thing is included in the 3rd party commands. WTF? I was talking about the global command core. All I wanted was the global core access so I could enter entities into DBPro from a custom map editor.

DOH!

So what the hell was DBPro interface?
Vir Ex Machina
Years of Service
User Offline
oops no my bad, that doesn't do what I thought.

But that's what I want is the global core with all the dbpro functions so I can call into it and add entities etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:24:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:24:00