Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question For the Developers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 11:25
Hi, I've always wondered... What the hell do the dvelopers of FPSC live off of? Do they survive off th emoney when people purchased DB? But I mean, not THAT many people could have purchased it..... And if THAT many people purchase dtheir things, did the money still last? Or does a person purchase DB every day, so that 50 bucks keeps them alive for the day? Also, does this earn them alot of money? I mean, do the developers have a nice huge mansion with 3 big screen TV's in every room, or are they renting apartment?

Also, I would like to know on avn average basis:

How many DB Pro's are purchased daily?
How much overall do you make from this company?

MODS PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS , I mean, MANY people want to know the life of a TGC.

Animecivil
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 11:31 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 11:32
I recon earning a living in the games industry is hard going no matter what area of the business you are in or who you might be.

If anyone concerned with FPSC was making a great deal of money FPSC would have been completed a long while ago.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 15:39
I don't think that TGC are rich by any means but if you read Lee's diary then he never seems to mention "work" (in the sense of having another job) so it seems that his "job" is programming. If you think about DarkBASIC then there is a lot of people using it, plus they sell a lot of other stuff (like models, sounds etc...) so i'm sure that a team of 3 could handle themselves by doing this. Plus I think that its some hippy concept like being "all about being happy with your job" or something.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 18:44
Quote: "How many DB Pro's are purchased daily?
How much overall do you make from this company?
"

I dont think the boys will want to publish this info

Quote: "How much overall do you make from this company?"

definatly not this one

dave

Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 1,1AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ Barton 2.20 GHz ,1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR
http://www.granadagames.com/
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 19:48
Animecival,
How much do you earn?

It's a personal question that you should'nt expect many people to answer .

I think that TGC are funding themselves through projects like FPSC, they have quite a few employees working on things full time, but remember the huge success of the driving test thing, that must have had Rick dancing like a loon .

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 19:56
hehe.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 22:25
You're probably right Van B
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 06:20
We are doing OK! The business is doing great and we all earn a living from this. In fact we are doing better than most game developers who tend to rely on publishers for their monthly revenue. We sell direct in a lot of cases and thus cut out many middle men & women. The Internet is ideal for our business type!

We also do well from the Learning to Drive titles.

That's about all we're prepared to share with you. At the end of the day, if you have a product people want, then it's likely you can sell it and make money.

We do in a very business minded way (so that we don't go bust), but we also love what we do, which is cool.

Both FPSC and DBPro have great futures, we have cool stuff planned!

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 06:39
what is this driving thingy? are you guys talking about those huge setups with 3 tv screens and a car simulation that ive seen on tech tv and stuff? or is it a program? im in drivers ed now, maybe it would be fun, where cna i go for more info?

Visit my computer tips and tricks web site here, www.angelfire.com/falcon/miles_web
Current Projects There: Nintendo DS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:49:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:49:52