Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / No save/load function... Lets make a discussion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:32 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 05:33
Hi

First of all PLEASE dont kick me from the forum for writing this

All i wanna say is that the Save/load function (after the beta tester`s) Dont get me wrong im not blaiming anyone
should not be in FPSC.

So if you have a game on lets say 10 levels.. Then you will out do some other things on you computer and play again later. You have just finished level 6. Then you quit the game. When you start it up again you will have to start from level one again

I dont think thats cool and i just want The game creators to take the time they need and make an Save/load function since a game without a save/load function dont work im not asking for an advanced save/load function just a save load function that would ETC autosave every time you complete a level.

I think that The game creators should take this up to an discussion i wouldnt be mad for another delay if it was becouse they should make a save/load function

Right now i dont think im gonna buy it without that function but maybe thats just my oppenion.

Thanks for your time

Kind Regards

The Nerd

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:37 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 05:38
*Agreed*

If this is the case and there is indeed no Save/Load function i may reframe from purchasing, what would be the point? I want to make games with lifespan.
Memento Mori
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:37
I thought it did have that and..

In begginig of ur post it says you don't want it but in the end it says you do....???

And God said," Let there be light!". And there was light.
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:38 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 05:41
It isn't that bad. David T said in the other thread that
Quote: " If you die I think you back to the beginning of the level."

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=46809&b=21

He didn't say you go back to the beginning of the game. Starting again at the beginning of the level is tolerable, and many games do that.

Basically dark.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:40 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 05:45
Yes i want it

I dont say FPSC will suck just becouse of the save/load function.
But i though it had this function. So its NOW im really not know if im gonna buy it. There is no poing in having as much levels as you want if you can`t save your progress

Yes i would like it too if you just died and need to start in the start from the same level again.
What i mean is when you close the game(and you have completet to level 5) then it wouldnt be cool to open the game again later and should start from level 1 again and need to fight up on level 5 again

Regards

The Nerd

Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
There is (or was) some form of save/load, but I believe it's limited to one slot. In other words you can't have multiple saves. Of course I expect all of that will be cleared up by v1 (if it hasn't already).
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 05:52
I dont want Multiple slot`s 1 slot is fine

So is this going to be in FPSC?

Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, one slot is fine.

I don't want a signature.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 06:05
We promise to add full load and save functionality after EA. We do realise it's important (as are a zillion other ideas we would love to add)! For now you can use check point markers, which will restart the player at a point they reached (designed by you the game creator).

By the time you guys have made 10 level games I am sure we can roll out the extra load/save code.

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 06:50
RickV,

Check Point Marker function - Well that sounds like the description of a save load function whether its called that or not.

How exactly does that Check Point Marker work then?

If the game player does not actually save a game in any way via a menu or key press are you saying that if you quit or escape the game that the next time its fired up then the player starts at the point he left off with all game state data intact or what? If so its a save of sorts. If that is the case then can one still choose to start a NEW game? Or is that not possible until game end is reached? If another person say in a household wanted to play a version of the game then if one could not start a new game they could not do so and would have to wait until the first player gets to game end. It seems that what is being described at the moment is that only one game could possibly be in process at any one time as there is only one check point which is updated as one progresses in the game. Just so everyone knows what they are getting, is that correct?

I can understand why some may be concerned with this issue which adds to the list of things people had hoped to see included in the EA release but they have to purchase first and wait to and see if those things they feel they need or would like are to be included in future releases.

As a matter of interest are we likely to receive a confirmation at any time before we purchase the EA what additional features it is intended to included in future versions. I know there have been a number of things suggested that may be added eventually and others intended to be included but which have been dropped and will not make it to the EA, but some of this may be rumour?

It would be good if prospective purchasers were clear on this so that they can make a valued assessment of their investment in the product. I do not refer to the cost of the EA or V1 in this regard but rather for those who would wish to do so - and spend a great deal of time creating large or complex games perhaps expecting features that will not materialise. I dont expect to see any game I would make with FPSC before 2006 at the very earliest given that I get started before then and so I would expect to invest a great deal of time and effort.

Of course I understand that nothing can be promised for the future and at the end of the day I at least will make a decision based upon what the EA includes and not whats promised. Personally I think it would be foolish to do otherwise.

Dont make much diff to me as I will no doubt buy it anyway and spend some interesting sessions creating at the very least.

If EA feature/function inclusions and aimed future versions inclusions were to be outlined officially though it would certainly help me with design planning and level creation so I could design with the future in mind.

If you can see my point e.g. for instance if one were designing a game that included some kind of added future multiplayer one can see the need for designing levels that would accomodate that.

Just some of my thoughts anyway.

Regards all
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 14:23
Quote: "We promise to add full load and save functionality after EA. We do realise it's important (as are a zillion other ideas we would love to add)! For now you can use check point markers, which will restart the player at a point they reached (designed by you the game creator)."

Now im happy again

Thanks for your answer RickV

Now im looking forward to the EA release again!

Yeah i will buy it anyway too since there could be some really cool game
But im happy now becouse i know they will make a save/load funciton after the EA

THANKS!!!!

Regards

The Nerd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:55:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:55:05