Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / High quality Models aand FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 19:55
Hi Guys

Just a thought....
i think i read a few days before that he "optimal" polycount for an enemeh ^^ in FPSC would be around 1000 polys. That way you can display a lot of enemies on the screen at once. BUT what if i want to design my enemies a bot more realistic ? High poly !!
Lets say i create a room with about 10 enemies in it. so that are 10000 polygons. ( ten thousand !! zehn tausend !! good....and now i create another room with only two enemies in it. But these two biomechanical-super-zombies have got a polycount of 5000 each. isn't that the same ? I think ...logically.....the performance should be the same , right ? I read an article about doom3 and the doom3 models have about 5 - 6 thousand polys. ( it looks more because of the shader effects

yeah...thats the ticket !
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 21:56
The only limit to the number of polys you can render smoothly is the spec of your PC. Keep designing 'til it gets stuttery. Then cut down.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:13:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:13:51