Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / House of the Dead style game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
another question: Will it be possible to do a game like House of the dead? Off course whit doing some additional scriping ...
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 04:24 Edited at: 27th Jan 2005 04:25
No. Nothing else to say

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 05:44
You may be able to make a game with zombies and such like but it would not end up playing quite like House of the dead.

It may even be possible to get some kind of enemy like a spider on the walls for instance, it would probably have to be static though it could have an animation sequence attached to it I guess, and I am not sure if an entity specified as an enemy by default would fall to the nearest floor.

This ones a question for someone with an understanding of or is using the software. Perhaps they could enlighten us and make this an interesting, relevant topic here at the Forum? God knows we need some of those.
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
If you can make moveable platforms that follow some sort of scripted pattern, then you could have the player on one all the time with restricted movement. Then you'd have hod
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 06:56
Quote: "Will it be possible to do a game like House of the dead?"

Well the obvious question for me is, do you mean an on-the-rail-shooter like Virtua Cop or Time Crisis, or do you mean the destructable enemies like Soldier of Fortune?

I don't suffer from insanity:

I enjoy every minute of it!
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
What i am thinking of is a game, which is like: The fps camera approaches a scene, and stays still there. Now in a certain viewpoint, enemys pop up, which must be destroyed. Maybe even in different stages, like shot stage1, head blows off, stage two, hole in the chest, stage3 enemy is down.
If all enemys are down, the camera moves to the next location, and the procedure starts all over again!
Cheers
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 08:34 Edited at: 27th Jan 2005 08:36
Quote: "If you can make moveable platforms that follow some sort of scripted pattern, then you could have the player on one all the time with restricted movement. Then you'd have hod "

Provided you can prevent the player from moving off the platform...
I really hope by v1 FPSC has scripting controls to:

1) Prevent player movement (but not mouselook or shooting)
2) Remove all control from player
3) Rotate and move player (used in conjunction with #2 above)
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess, an easy way to prevent the player from moving is, to reduce the variable of his movement speed to 0. I am expecting the player entity to have such a variable. Aside from that would be intersting, if there is such a variable, does it also affect the way how fast the player can turn?
I was also wondering about the movement of enemys. They are as well scripted ... right? Does this script support some sort of waypoint system? This would be awesome, to make them enemys walk on predefined routes and do some pratouling (or how ever this is written).
Which again leads to another question, what about flying enemys, like zeroG-Bots. Will we have to model and construct them to "fake" the hovering above ground, or will it be possible to really have them fly?

Best regards,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 00:36
You change spiders walking on walls to be jus tobjects floating in the air, having their paths prewritten.

Animecivil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:20:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:20:00