Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Some cloth mishaps (question inside)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 13:54
I bought the cloth and particle effects plugin the other day, and I've been screwing around with it ever since.

But I seem to be having issues with positioning cloth objects. I've tried to find other posts in relation to my problem, but have been unsuccessful.

With these bits of code coming up, I am trying to create a hanging ceiling tapestry effect. I've created a cloth, 6 anchor point objects and positioned them up high, so to be above the camera. I try to center the cloth object inbetween the objects, without luck.

All of my cloth positioning attempts with "postion object" have been done with the idea that the positioning point of the cloth is in the center of it. So when I position the cloth, I only put it half-way inbetween the anchor points.

Here is the first try:

And here is what happens:

Then I tried freeing all the points of the cloth before positioning it(I thought that they were defaultly fixed in space):

Nothing changed that I could see. The cloth was still in the same spot.

Then I tried repositioning the anchor points after fixing the cloth points to them:

The cloth freaks out for a second, and then settles into this state:

I don't know if this is my fault, or a bug, or what. The question is, how do I position a cloth object?

-
Ignore the avatar...
EFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 13:55
here's the first image.

sorry about that.

-
Ignore the avatar...
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 21:03
you cannot move partical emitters or cloth im afraid, its a reported bug. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon but dont hold your breath, its only been broke 4 months

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:47:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:47:11