Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D World

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya everybody! I'm new to the DarkBasicPro experience and have a couple of questions for my first ever post. Bear with me.

I would love to design my game to use *.3DS models or *.x models for my actuall world scene. My problem: Collision is tricky. I want some form of ramp going to another level on my game but I have no idea where to start.

How do I get a world scene to work at a decent frame rate and not slow down dramatically?

Please can anybody help? Thank you.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 20:32
Firstly, Welcome

If you are using large 3ds or x files as a level, to actually detect collision with every part of it would involve using "set object collision to polygons". This is SLOW and currently crashes many PCs You could convert to BSP but many people are also having trouble getting this to work.

The best way to detct for collisions with specific parts would be to build primitives and shape them where you want the collisions t5o take place, then make them invisible, but checl for collision with them rather than the actual world Its a long way round I'm afraid, otherwise try BSP, or see if the polygon collision works on your PC. Just remember it might not work on some1 elses just yet

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 03:36
there is always UV Worlds

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:28:23