Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / EzRotate - multiple operations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 22:45
Can you apply multiple operations in EzRotate one after the other? Here's my example, which I'm struggling with...

I want to turn my vehicle, then PolyAlign it to the terrain beneath...

EZro_SetEuler...
EZro_SetPos...
EZro_TurnTo...
EZro_FindAxisAngles???
EZro_PolyAlign...(using EZro_GetAxisAngleY())

Something somewhere isn't doing what I expect, and it seems to go wrong when the vehicle traverses the hill, that is it "rolls" on it's Z-Axis

BatVink
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 23:24
You have to PolyAlign FIRST. PolyAlign is a NEW orientation. Otherwise, it isn't based on ANYTHING but the normal and the Y-angle that you pass to it. After you set your rotation up with that, you can use some of the other features to modify it.

I'll see if I can do a quick modify of example 11 to do what you are trying to do.

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 02:37
Sir Batvink,
Here is a new example doing EXACTLY what you are trying to accomplish!
This example will have a Tank follow a matrix terrain through several waypoints. The waypoints are placed randomly and will show up as spheres in the demo.

Place the attachment in your "help/ezrotate" folder and run it from there so it finds the media.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Ron

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 04:42 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2005 04:43
Thank you again, Lord Wolf. This is one demo worth adding to your collection, very useful indeed.

When I see it, it makes sense. Until I see it, I might as well stare at a blank wall!

You see, guilt is driving you to assist me now. Those days of killing me in the fields and stealing my wench are haunting you, coaxing you into making amends.

BatVink
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 04:54
lol

Like most wench's, I'm just being nice so maybe, just maybe, you'll take her back.

Actually, I like to do the BEST that I can to support my products. The goal of EZrotate is to make things like this possible. While I can't do something specific for EVERYONE, when I see a something that could easily be written by me that could help a lot of users, it is well worth my time.
The more people that start to grasp some of the features, the more people that there are to help some of the newer users. Also if you see someone else asking how to do something similar, you will probably now recommend EZrotate to them. That is GOOD for me

Enjoy!

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:21:26