Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to lock the player commands, so that if the player touched a button, it would have no effect in the game. and after the player was locked, have him move around on a conveyer belt type entity. this way, it would seem as if he were walking and viewing things, and make it out as a cinema.
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 02:32 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2005 02:40
How about you add in another player in there, give him paths to move around, give your original player no weapons, and you can move around the other person making it seem like it is you

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Anti fluffy bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
that would work, im just trying to think of new ways to implement cinemas.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 02:57
Guys,
I think the first thing that they are concentrating on is getting EA out the door. I think what you want would be great, but we really need EA to come out first. Then when they have time they can begin work on putting in commands and such to do what you want. That could be in the V1 edition.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Anti fluffy bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 04:26 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2005 04:26
they have already confirmed conveyer belts and camera positioning in the faq, all we need to do is lock the controlls. and come on, "Megazuex" can lock player controlls.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 14:10 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2005 14:10
You can't compare Megazuex to this. They're completely different. Also, remember this is the EA release. Stuff like that is going to be put on the backburner. Just wait until V1. EA is for those wanting to get a jump start. However you do not need to lock the controls just to create a game. Try doing something with the EA release first. You're not going to create the Half Life/Half Life 2 killer with this program unless you do something extreamly amazing. I just don't see it happening for an extreamly long time or at all.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 17:59
Quote: "they have already confirmed conveyer belts and camera positioning in the faq, all we need to do is lock the controlls. and come on, "Megazuex" can lock player controlls."

Hmm. "moving objects" are possible. I'd wait to see about conveyer belts though> not in EA...

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:25:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:25:49