Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem compiling sample programs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 08:11 Edited at: 4th Feb 2005 08:16
System specs:
Microsoft Windows XP SP1
(c: )40GB Hard Drive and (g: )120GB External Hard Drive (External is where it is installed)
Direct X version: 9.0c SDK
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic
Dark Game SDK (first release)

Problem:
I can't compile any of the examples for the Dark Game SDK with C++. I have all the library and header files (or at least I think all them) declared in the options>projects>VC++ Directories section.

Here is the output when I tried to build the solution:

I do not know much about C++, but I was planning on starting with the Dark Game SDK. If someone could please help me, it would be much appreciative. I did briefly look at the various other threads, but none of them helped.

Thanks,
1tg46

If you need more information I would be glad to give

Click sig for DB Network X
skyser
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 10:34
I had trouble, too.

If you're compiling a DEBUG config, be sure to set your working directory to be where your executable is (under properties and debug). I found I also needed to exclude the specific library libc.lib du to a conflict. Rest assured it CAN work under .NET 2003.

If all else fails, create a new empty Win32 project and paste in code.

--skyser
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Which release of DX9c do you have? The December one gives me those same errors, but October is fine. And Im using VS2003.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 16:23 Edited at: 4th Feb 2005 16:24
The December one works fine with VS6 only if you download the enhancement pack.
However, it appears that are your using VS .Net 2003 you just need the latest version of the DirectX SDK, and possibly modify your library and header paths so that the DX system is reference before the DarkSDK one.
In addition, it will only work with Win32 projects (not MFC and certainly not .Net).

If you want to send me your project, I'll have a look at it for you.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 20:01
The answer is in the FAQ at the top of this forum, near the bottom of my first post.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 20:12
Thanks for the comments, I shall check on all of this once I am out of school back at my computer.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 23:19
The programs are now compiling, but I still get errors when I try to compile the dungeon program.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 00:22
What errors are they ?

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:22 Edited at: 6th Feb 2005 05:26
Quote: "------ Build started: Project: Dark Dungeon, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
Demo.cpp
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(255) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(415) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(418) : warning C4244: '-=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(443) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(454) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(461) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(465) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(518) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(518) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(590) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(682) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(687) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(687) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(689) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(689) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(690) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(690) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(696) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(696) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDemo.cpp(1695) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data
Compiling resources...
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
Creating library .Debug/Dark Dungeon.lib and object .Debug/Dark Dungeon.exp
system.lib(dxdiaginfo.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DxDiagProvider referenced in function "public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)
system.lib(dxdiaginfo.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDxDiagProvider referenced in function "public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)
.Debug/Dark Dungeon.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at "file://grogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark Game SDK - FREEWARE EditionSamplesVisual Studio 7Dark DungeonDebugBuildLog.htm"
Dark Dungeon - 3 error(s), 23 warning(s)

"

The problem was mixed in with the above building problem The problem has to do with conversion:
Quote: "conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data"

Regards,
1tg46

And I do know about the smiley faces, I am not changing it. where a smiley is, is where a
needs to go.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:50
Try Release mode.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 01:42
I'll try it

Thanks,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 04:31
It does not work, so I guess that I will just give up, for right now anyway.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 05:07
Send me the complete project - I'll have a look at it.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 02:15
It is the exact same project that was sent with all the Dark Game SDK's. It is the sample for Visual Studio 7. I have not edited any of the code (except for adding that cpp file that IanM suggested). And I have not edited the code because of two reasons:

1) The project won't compile correctly
2) I hardly know any c++

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 02:31
Do you have :

#define INITGUID
#include <dxdiag.h>

before the

#include "DarkSDK"

?

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 05:15
I'll double check

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 21:41
Quote: "#define INITGUID
#include <dxdiag.h>"

That's what I have in the extra included .cpp file. It only needs to be done once in your code somewhere to affect the whole project.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 07:13
Quote: "That's what I have in the extra included .cpp file"

And I took your advice and did this, but I am still getting this problem.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 15:41
If your still having trouble, send me the complete project.

deckard
Years of Service
User Offline
I think, the problem is in

"unresolved external _CLSID_DxDiagProvider _IID_IDxDiagProvider"

What are these two variables ? It seems, they are missed from one of
Microsoft DirectX SDK libralaries, but from which library exactly ?
Is there any way to patch Microsoft SDK or Dark Game SDK
to avoid this problem ?
BigAnd
Years of Service
User Offline
@deckard
This is the exact problem I had.
You need to download the "dxsdk_sum2004_extras.exe" and copy the "d3dx9.lib" into your directx libs directory.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 07:28
I'll try this BigAnd

@Squidgy
Quote: " If your still having trouble, send me the complete project."

Quote: " It is the exact same project that was sent with all the Dark Game SDK's."

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 15:48 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 15:51
Shouldn't need the extras with .2003 - its the include file thats important.

Quote: "It is the exact same project that was sent with all the Dark Game SDK's"

People fiddle with things.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 22:52
I have not changed any of the code except for adding the .cpp file to all the projects.

Quote: " Shouldn't need the extras with .2003 - its the include file thats important."

What do you mean with this?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 22:53
#define INITGUID
#include <dxdiag.h>

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 23:09
I'll try that again once I get back to my own computer, for the weekend I am away from the ocmputer that has the Dark Game SDK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:46:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:46:56