Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / T3DGM Users: What to Hope For In FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 04:49
We've heard alot about what the "coders" are hoping for in FPSC, but not much from the non-coders/T3DGM users. I have a couple things...

1. T3DGM has this one bug that is especially irritating. Many times when you're working on a game and save it, then come back later to work on some more levels, it won't load. It says "GAME FAILED TO LOAD". Man, I hope the saving features in FPSC are better. There's nothing worse than working for hours on something only to have all the work lost.

On that note, will FPSC have an autosave feature? Something we can set in a preferences area to a certain amount of minutes? That would be nice.

2. T3DGM does allow you to position items/obsticles/enemies in the Placement Editor, but it is limited as to exact location. It's like a standard "snap to the grid" placement. Will FPSC give us more control over exact placement of these objects, or will we be limited to a grid?

3. T3DGM takes forever to load. I know FPSC is quite a bit larger and more complicated, but what type of load times are we looking at. I'm sure the beta testers have an idea from the RC's. It may not be an exact answer, but it would give us all an idea.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
1 : ?

2 : As far as i know you have pixelperfect positioning
with the enemies and entitys. I think they mentioned
it in the video.

3 : ?
Shadow Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 05:07
I Agree With Noldor

Ali M - Nukesoft

--Nukesoft-- Explosive Games --
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 05:29
1. No, it doesnt have that bug
2. able to place things exactly where you want them.
3. takes about 5 seconds to load on my machine. Game builds all depend on the size of the level. Final game loading times vary, but theres nothing hugely over-the-top so dont worry.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 05:30
Same here

Don't F**king cuss!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 05:38
Thanks Coldnews for the response to my questions.

Good news...all 3.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 06:47
1. In the early betas it was unlikely that a game created with one version of FPSC would load in a later one. With the latest betas though I have been quite able to load levels from Christmas time quite happily. I haven't had any trouble with loading maps that were saved with the same version.

There is no autosave feature. Since saving a map can take 5-10 seconds, that would be quite distracting.

2. You can place items exactly. You do basic placement from a birds-eye view, and fine tune the positioning / rotate the object from a close-up 3D view.

3. The editor itself takes a matter of seconds to load. Loading a map in the editor takes 5-10 seconds for most sensible sized maps. The 'compile' time for a level varies hugely depending on the complexity of the level. For most uses this could be anywhere from 10 seconds to three or four minutes (much, much longer if full lightmapping is enabled - but you will only need to do that for final builds).

Loading times obviously vary depending on the level. The supplied Sci-Fi game's first level takes 30 seconds or so to load.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 05:07
very interesting statistics

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:20:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:20:20