Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC - EA: Bitmap Question/Support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 08:57
It had been mentioned before that the EA will support use of a bitmap image between levels, but I don't think there was every anything official on that.

So, my question is this: Will FPSC (specifically the EA version) allow the user to insert a bitmap image for use as 1) a title screen to begin the game, 2) between levels, and 3)at the end of the game? If so, what pixel dimensions will it support?

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 12:28
1 - Yes, 2 - Not at the moment, 3 - Yes.

Whatever dimensions you want, it'll scale to the res the game is running in.

You can change more than just the background image. You can create your own mouse cursor graphic, roll-over buttons, loading screen, etc.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 19:16
For no2. You can use a bitmap for the loading of the next level screen which may be of use (Though if it loads quickly you wont get time to ready any info on it )

I've only experemented a little in this area but it's quite flexible.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 22:55
Thanks for the reponses to these questions. Yes on both 1 & 3 is good news.

On #2, if the feature is already built in like jasuk70 has stated, then maybe it will be possible to script a longer "hold" time on the display of that bitmap? Maybe not, I don't know.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "For no2. You can use a bitmap for the loading of the next level screen which may be of use (Though if it loads quickly you wont get time to ready any info on it )

I've only experemented a little in this area but it's quite flexible."

Jasuk - can you specify a DIFFERENT bitmap for each level or just one bitmap that loads for all levels?

Thanks!

The artist formerly known as PogPogo

Golgothica: An FPS Sci-Fi/Horror Game - www.Golgothica.com
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 00:19
Quote: "Will FPSC (specifically the EA version) allow the user to insert a bitmap image for use .. 2) between levels"

In playing with this further you can customise the loading screen between every single level, infact the loading screen isn't just a case of you specifying a bitmap, you actually use a script file to handle it and the script can include more than just the image (i.e. time delays).

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 00:32
Richard,

I can't tell you how much that means to me. I know it may not mean much to other people, but for what I want to use FPSC for, this is the best news I've heard so far. What a relief. Thank you.

fpsdave
Years of Service
User Offline
Woot!
Good stuff.
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "infact the loading screen isn't just a case of you specifying a bitmap, you actually use a script file to handle it and the script can include more than just the image (i.e. time delays)."

There you go. You can definately do proper storytelling now.

Awesome
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 02:31
Its certainly very helpful indeed it is - good news
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 02:35
Quote: "good news"

COLDnews.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:48:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:48:57