Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] lost a customer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well i thought fps creator was going to be great i was really excited to get this but now that it does not for sure support windows 2000 i will not be buying it.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 10:48
too bad.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 11:06
glyvin101,
Save up some money and buy yourself a copy of WindowsXP Home. You can get it on New Egg for $99 if you buy a piece of Hardware. Otherwise, try it out with Windows 2000. I'm sure it will work as there is almost no difference between 2000 and XP aside from some of the programs. How else do you think Microsoft was able to release Windows XP 2 years after Windows 2000 came out? They didn't change too much. Programming for Windows 2000 is no different than Windows XP.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
i would gladly try but i cant dump 58$ and not have it work that would really suck and there is no date for a demo so i am pissed and i like windows 2000 the best and i dont want to buy a xp copy and i cant justifie buying this for just fpscreator so this sucks
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 12:49
Tell you what. I'm betting someone here has a copy of Windows 2000. We should find out Friday if it works or not. If it does, then they should let us know if it doesn't.
To give you an idea if it will work or not, Windows XP is based on NT technology which is the same technology Windows 2000 is based on. A windows 2000 machine with the lastest service pack should run the program just fine. Why do you think they release the drivers for 2000 and XP in the same packaging for VideoCards, SoundCards etc..? Because it's the same thing.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 17:13
Well its only the EA version thats Windows XP only. So dont get too hung up. Does that mean you'll be off the forum for a while?

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 19:08
If the EA version is XP only then I should'nt really be able to use it on my Win2000Pro machine, but I am, and I don't have any fancy stuff, just a basic install of 2kpro.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
well thanks but before i dumb 56$ on somehting which is a lot of money I want a offical word if it is going to work. I want a refund if it does not becuase if all these people with no power say that it is going to work and then it doesn't i will email the gamemakers and they will say that they never said that the EA version will not work on 2000. So i would really apriciate a offical work if it will be supported or not because when lee was talking on the original post he mentioned ME 98 and XP put not 2000 so i would like him to adress this issue.

THx

glyvin101
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 21:42
Quote: "I want a refund if it does not becuase if all these people with no power say that it is going to work and then it doesn't i will email the gamemakers and they will say that they never said that the EA version will not work on 2000"

So the word of the beta tester that helped get it working in 2000 is not good enough?

You think maybe they like to fix bugs then miss them so much that they put them back in?

Maybe if I put the kettle on and email Lee, tell him to come round my house (probably 300 miles drive), then make him stand and watch me while I use FPSC with 2k. They're not confirming support because they don't have 2k themselves, they're being strict is all, it does'nt mean it's not supported, it just means that they haven't had the opertunity to test everything in 2000, I HAVE!.

Van-B

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 21:48
glyvin101,

I can appreciate your concern. i.e. that you want quite legitimately wish to know if FPSC will work with a particular Windows version.

The official TGC statement on this has quite clearly been spelled out for all concerned. Only one version of Windows is supported and that version is Windows XP. No other is supported by TGC so there are no doubts and therefore no comeback.

You wont get your money back cos its your choice if you want to purchase the item or not. If you buy it you have no legal rights to any refund if you try to use it under any other operating system other than Windows XP. No question about that.

The question has been clearly answered and I doubt very much that Lee will answer your question further to the official TGC statement already posted here. Simply because he is a busy guy and has better things to do than to repeat or further support statements made at this forum by officials of TGC.
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
I appreciate your testing it greatly but think of this from my angle i am only 15 and it took me a long time to save 56$ and i dont want to get it and have it not work and then tgm dont have to do @#%$. I trust you put i really dont know how much i can risk. i wish lee would just say the support it
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 22:00
I do feel for you glyvin101. I would think that if you keep watching this forum - there may be others who purchase it that will be using Win 2000 that might confirm if it works for them.

Thats the best you are likely to get if still want FPSC. Of course if you do then purchase it you would have no recompence if it did not work with you under Win 2000.

I hope things work out for you anyway as I know you would like to be able to use it. Keep your chin up and keep smiling. I recon you got a good chance of success.

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
thx i am not going to buy it till it is offical that it will work tho
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 22:49
Van B says it works. That should be answer enough for you. If you'd like another witness, I'll try and run it on a Win2k machine (if I can dig one up somewhere) and let you know. I'm going to try to download it Friday.

Basically dark.
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 23:00
DUDE!!!!!

It bloody works! Holy-sheep-shagging-farmers-son-of-a-duck, it works!!! (bit of improv there!)

Look as others have said TGM having said anything about win2k support because they don't know, now Van B IS a bloody tester and has it dwelling on his/hers machine!!!! It works, how many times are you gonna moan about this and on how many threads, blimey!

For the final time, IT WORKS!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 23:03
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 23:08
Yes. Finally somebody pointed that out to gylvin101.
So gylvin101, please quit going on and on about this
and just listen to Van b! He is a mod you know.

Or is just one of these because-you-want-to-pass-time-threads!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 23:36
Gonna lock this now, well after this...

Glyvin,
I know what you want is confirmation, but TGC just can't give you that yet. In my opinion you have nothing to worry about by going for the EA version, and I'll tell you why - I'm on 2k and am not switching, not on my current PC anyway, so if the EA version arrives and it does'nt work, I'll be most displeased and honestly very surprised.

It's all cool though - because you haven't spent any money yet, you can simply wait to hear back from myself or someone else saying whether it works or not, if it works on my machine and another 2k machine, then you should order it with confidence.

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:26