Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Licensing Issues w/ regard to FPSC users intellectual property

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've been keeping up on licensing issues with regards to the FPSC and I can see everyone's point of view. One issue that has not received any attention which I would like to get some more information on is how TGC plans on hanlding content that someone creates and uses in the game.

For example, since plot and characters can be more important than graphics, suppose I were to find a way to create my own "universe" with free game levels, stories and other content on a web site, characters I create, voice and sounds I record. In other words, I'm using the engine strictly within guidliness and all "assets" are created and provided by me.

With this above mentioned scenario what claim, if any, does TGC feel that they have towards my free games. For example, suppose I found a way to support my games through in game advertisement using my own characters/story/assets. Does TGC feel that it would be owed any income from profit I make off of the game AS LONG AS I DON"T CHARGE FOR THE GAME ITSELF?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 06:22 Edited at: 10th Feb 2005 06:23
It would be the same if you say, use one engine to the next. The only thing you are being charged for is using the engine. The company providing the engine do not own any content you produce. The only thing that TGC would really own is FPSCreator and the media.
That's it. They won't own any of the characters etc.. you develop. However you still need a license to sell the games regardless if you develop the media yourself. We won't know until a little before or a little after V1 how that will all work.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
They have not ironed out all the
licensing "rules" yet. So you will
just have to wait and see. They will
anounce it when they know.
These questions are a waste of space. (for now)
They will be of interest in the future.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:08:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:08:49