Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Download Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:01
Well, I was behind a proxy server at work, so they set me up with an FTP, but I was getting anywhere from 3KB to 12KB/sec.

So, I went home on my prep period and used my home DSL (1.5Mbit) to grab it. No exaggeration here...got the entire thing in 41 minutes flat.

Nice.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:15
OK, what's your point?

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:18
Dude stop getting pi$$y, just because you haven't got it, you're really showing your age!

I haven't got it, i also REALLY want it, but there isn't much i can do about it as im a student and "in between jobs!"

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:20
41 minutes at 1.5 Megs is pretty good. I hope mine comes in that fast.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:21
@Anime civil - I'm going to refrain from lashing you like you deserve, only becuase I now have FPSC and I'm in a good mood

OK, so I opened the program and clicked on a few buttons...then I quickly closed it. Time to read the manual It ain't T3DGM...that's for sure.

"Beware of people who try and belittle your ambitions. Small people do that. The really great people are the ones who make you feel that you too can become great" --Mark Twain
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:23
Quote: " Dude stop getting pi$$y, just because you haven't got it, you're really showing your age!

I haven't got it, i also REALLY want it, but there isn't much i can do about it as im a student and "in between jobs!"
"

Erm, actually, I really dont care right now, as I wouldnt be able to downlaod it anyways. I am downloading lightwave that I purchased yesterday, so I wouldnt be able to download at the moment.

Another thing, ok, good for you fdecker, you have fpsc, but I dont think every member at this forum needs to make a hwole topic that they have just downloaded fpsc.

Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:29
Anime Civil does sort of have a point about the whole not everyone should be posting about how well they downloaded FPSC. Remember how many people said "I have XP" In the XP for EA thread (myself included). Though Anime Civil, I don't see too many other people doing the same.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 04:33
I guess you're right

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:03
Ignoring all comments between the first post and this one - I'm just glad you finally managed to download it! The network our FTP server is on absolutely rocks, so I was surprised at the low speed from your school - but getting 450MB in 41mins via DSL, now that's more like it

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:10
Just wait until I download it. 450 Megabytes at 500Kbytes per second?
15 Minutes. I've download at that speed from TGC before. My home connection like I have said is a 4Mbit connection on a cable modem. Faster and cheaper than DSL.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 05:28
SoulMan,

I used to have cable (comcast). Too many users in my neighborhood though, and too many outages/downtime. I've had DSL for over a year now and I've never looked back.

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 06:32
Yeah but Comcast is not a good cable company. I'm on Cox Communications. Outages are really never a problem for me. If it happens, it's brief and then I am back on. DSL is still too expensive for the speed you get. $30 for 1.5Mbit ? I get 4Mbit for $45.
SoulMan

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 07:56
By the way, it took me 16minutes to download the program.
SoulMan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 18:53:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 18:53:38