Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / File Block Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 13:54
I'm working on a level editor and I'm trying to use the fileblock commands to save levels for use later in games. My problem is that when I use the ADD OBJECT TO FILEBLOCK command it basically scrambles my models in the fileblock into mush. They still show up if you inspect the fileblock, but when I try to use the LOAD OBJECT FROM FILEBLOCK command the program crashes. However, If I select the model from the windows browser and compress it, then I can use the LOAD OBJECT FROM FILEBLOCK cammand with no problem. Which is defeating half of the usefullness of my level editor.

So could it be something I am forgetting to do or is it the compiler? I'm using DBP 5.7 and the enhancement pack.

To Fragg or Not To Fragg....
Yea right. Let's FRAGG EM ALL!!!!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 15:51
Have you tried to add a model in code, then extract it manually using a zip program and seeing if it's still OK?

I haven't added models in code, but I can successfully extract a text file, modify it and put it back OK.

BatVink
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 15:48
tried that and it still didn't work

Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 08:59
Am I the only one having problems loading and unloading objects in fileblocks? or is there someting wong wid me hed?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 19:10
If you have an example code snippet, I'll take a look.

BatVink
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 09:18
If I delete the fileblock and then rezip the same models, then my code will work flowlessly. But since I'm new to fileblock commands (not to mention that my eyes may be cocked from too many late nite coding sessions), here is the code I'm using to create the fileblock.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 01:17
The code looks fine, so it must be something with the command that is a problem.

BatVink
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 10:17
Thanks BatVink for help. Now to post a bug report and see if it can be confirmed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:14:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:14:59