Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Unimpressive snow program (no media) (DBPro but should work in DBC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdie everyone. This is a pretty poor program to be honest, it has next to no interactivity, it's not a game and it's not much use in any situation I can think of, but it does look quite cool. MaxS is the number of snow particles, avgS# is the average speed of them, svar# is the maximum deviation from the average speed, avga# is the average angle of the snow and avar# is the maximum deviation from the average angle.

Press [ SPACE ] once to see how infinitely better my cunning greyscale snow is than pure white, and again to see how frankly mad multicoloured snow would be.

Coming in V1.1!!!

- snow that builds up at the bottom of the screen

If it doesn't work, tell me. I can't promise to fix it, but I can promise that if you complain enough I'll kill your hamster. If the snow falls too fast/slow, change avgs# and svar#.

Yes, sir, but sir is not a rabbit, is sir?
Monsieur Mort
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a somewhat streamlined version. I got rid of three lines of unecessary trigonometry by taking angles the standard way (anti clockwise from the positive x direction) instead of clockwise from the positive y direction as I had been before. Also it can cope with negative angles now.

Why do you sink I ave zees outRAGEOUS accente?!
Monsieur Mort
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops, I meant to delete the while --- endwhile bits as well. Feel free to do this yourself, though the program will work fine with them there, they're unnecessary. Incidentally, does anyone know how long I have to wait before I'm not longer a 'new user' who needs their every post approved? I'd much rather be able to just edit mistakes like this without having to wait for my posts to come through first.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 04:53
Way to fast on my system and looked more like zooming past a star scape.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.tk
Monsieur Mort
Years of Service
User Offline
Oooh it annoys me when people don't read the notes with the program. If you want it to slow down, change avgs# and svar# downward.

Here's the latest (code expanded) version, not much different though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:33:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:33:26