Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / EZ_Serv - The Official Thread (Includes The Definitive EZ_Serv Tutorial for DBP)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 00:58 Edited at: 19th Feb 2005 11:29
In this thread I am providing an ongoing tutorial for using EZ_Serv with Dark Basic Professional. Everything you need to get started can be found at: http://www.mod2software.com/dbp/dbp.htm Youll need the free EZ_Serv DEMO and the download of these tutorials, as they progress.

The tutorials are full DBP projects that you can compile and run, and each one will include all the code from the previous ones (ie We will be adding to it as we go) The tutorials include EZS.dba which wraps the functionality of ezs's standard protocol, the usage of Exeat's winsock plugin, and includes a catch-all parser function (utilizing my cr_strings.dba - also included) all in two easy to use include files.

TUTORIAL 1
In this first tutorial I introduce you to the basics of using EZ_Serv in a DBP program. The EZS.dba file demonstrates basic main code setup and how to call the functions in the included ezs.dba, which allows you to connect, login, respond to pings, and disconnect from an EZ_Serv session.

Looking ahead:
In part 2 I will introduce ways to maintain server client lists, and respond to other server events not included in part 1.

Part 3 I will discuss using EZ_Serv's Protocol-Pass-Thru System.

Part 4 will begin dealing with SSE objects.

Use this thread for any questions you may have.

So where's the tutorial? Its in the code/comments of the downloads Visit the link above and download the first installment of the tutorial.

Thanks
CR

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 00:04 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2005 02:40
TUTORIAL 2 - http://www.mod2software.com/dbp/dbp.htm

This second tutorial builds on the first and shows how to manage and maintain remote client lists in a dynamic array, how to deal with Client Version data, server time messages, as well as the remaining EZS protocol messages. Included in this zip are the complete DBP project files, as well as the EZ_Serv profile files used during the writing of this tutorial. View the readme file included in the folder with the ezs profile files.

The next tutorial will begin dealing with some of the more powerful features of EZ_Serv, namely Protocol-Pass-Thru (PPT)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:53:25
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:53:25