Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGui 2 - extended Rainbow Export functionality

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 01:18
Here's hoping nobody already did this and I just wasted the last hour...

I have modified the "Export DarkBasic Code" to create an additional function, which deletes the User Interface and all of the Gadgets it contains.

It seems to work well, deleting the hierarchy in reverse order.

The only problem I encountered is that the Rainbow Source code supplied doesn't seem to copy to the clipboard like the compiled version does. The code is there, but it just doesn't work.

The full export function is included, you will see my modifications commented with "SV01"

BatVink
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 16:28
Sometimes the copy to clipboard functionality doesn't work when running the program from the IDE, for reasons I don't fully understand. If you run the application by double-clicking it from inside explorer it should work correctly.

Thanks for the update though - I'll look into including it in a future version of Rainbow as an optional setting.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 04:29
Rob, there will be more on the way. I'm doing it for my own benefit, but I'll post anything I do here.

Next on the list is the writing of a shell function to handle events. So it will, for example, have a skeleton for any gadget that can be clicked.

I'd like to get my head around creating groups in some way. Maybe putting object references into an array.

BatVink
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 06:05
This version also includes the creation of the processUI() function.

1. Only includes button clicks
2. Uses IF statements, 'cos I'm not sure how stable SELECT/CASE is in DB Pro. For example, it doesn't like variables.

BatVink
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 07:49
The windows copy command doesn't seem to work at all if a compiled project is running at the same time as the IDE.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 19:53
I believe this is a problem with Dark Basic, not Rainbow.

BatVink
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 21:30 Edited at: 20th Jun 2005 21:35
Hmm... I get an error in this line:

I think it should be :

But when I export an inaterface to DBPro code, it crashes. It says something about "Index out of bounds" or something at line 3332. Or around there somewhere.

Err. I just tried to export a code where I didn't make any windows. That worked alright

*** PANZERGAMES ***
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 22:10
Quote: "write string fileNum,"`Generated by Rainbow version " + RAINBOW_VERSION"

That code fails from U5.8 onwards. They tightened the standards, it was wrong that it compiled before this.

BatVink
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 22:55
Oh, okay. What a shame... This is a really usefull function you've made.

*** PANZERGAMES ***
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 05:46
BatVink, I'm just wondering why one would need to delete the user interface. Is this necessary even if you keep the user interface for the whole program? Thanks.

-Xol

XolTech, Ltd: IonRay IDE for DBPro in progress

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:25:24