Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can you use character shop animations with models in FPSC...

thanks

maxd
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 03:34 Edited at: 19th Feb 2005 03:36
Yeap.

But please remember, Character Shop ONLY used EXISTING Animations and they must be humanoid (not dogs, aliens etc), meaning if you want something unique, you cannot use Character Shop for that.

Quote: "Character Shop is the solution to this long-standing difficulty. The program contains 80+ professionally produced animations that can be applied to any humanoid mesh scaled to the fit the skeleton. This means you don't have to do any of the animation work yourself - it has already been done for you by professionals. You simply rig the skeleton to your models and save the end results. The vertex weighing process is straightforward, with powerful selection tools to reach every nook and crevice. Use the auto-attachment feature, then view the mesh deformation in real time and make final adjustments to the vertices. "

-This...is my boomstick!
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 06:36
i have character shop but i find it has a problem with the normals when it exports the mesh, the models also must be scaled correctly before you load them. if you have parts of your model that are humanoid you can animate them, eg i have a mech which i animated the legs for or you could produce a pair of hands for first person view and animate them there to produce the grips for holding a pistol or a rifle.
be warned, the normals of the exported model are messed up and there doesn't seem to be any updates or patches.
if anyone else has character shop please let me know if you do or do not have normal problems

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon 64 3000+, 512mb ddr400, abit kv8, 160gb hdd, gigabit lan, ati radeom 9800se 128mb.
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks everyone.. seems like ill wait a bit before i buy...

maxd

ps is there a fix yet for the normals in character shop..
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, i managed to get a Darkmatter 2 character into FPSC, (i animated it in character shop).

i had to scale the model in the fpe script something like 4000.

i havent yet managed to get the character to animate, i copied the animation frames over to the fpe file, still no animation.

any ideas how to get the thing walking, running etc using character shop

thanks
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Aren't the animations in FPSC "canned" so to speak. I don't think you can play other animations with scripting right now... Certainly character entities have to be rigged to fit the FPSC system (although the only ones who know how to do that are probably Lee and Simon right now)

Can anyone confirm or deny my outrageous assesments?!
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a shame.
We are expected to make our own games
but we can't make our own enemys or our
own segments. Untill those two are possible
i wont make/finish any game.
i will still play around a bit with it and
make models and objects for it thouh.
Well gotta sleep now before i say something stupid.
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 18:26 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2005 18:42
thats a shame... the model will follow a script, ie coward.fpi and actuallly move along th ground, but the model is in the default position arms out, in the fpi script there were more than the 99 character shop animations (123 i think) built into this with FPSC

i think were all getting to the point where we want to put our own creations into FPSC ie models, sounds, animations etc, so we dont all look the same...

cant wait till we can... when will this happen..?

any ideas from the team to get a rigged character shop model into FPSC...

thanks
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 07:47
how do you scale the models?
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 05:01
can anyone help?????
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 05:38
You can use the "Scale" feature in the scripting for the FPE that you are using, or bring the model into your favorite modeler editor and increase "world scale" by whatever factor you need to make it.

-This...is my boomstick!
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 01:13
not that how to use character shop with fpsc. i know how to scale.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 01:17
Ok, sorry about that. I have never used Character Shop (seemed very limited to me) so I could not tell you.

Sorry!

-This...is my boomstick!
JoshK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Character Shop exports the same normals it loads from the mesh. If your mesh has messd up normals, your exported mesh will have the same normals. So the trick is to make your mesh right in the first place.

WindowsXP Media Center Edition, Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU, 512 MB of RAM, GEForce4 MX 440

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:36:18