Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Another Good Text-To-Speech - Online

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 09:31
ATT has an online demo of it's Natural Voices product. You can type up to 30 words at a time and have it create a wav file for you. The voices are very natural sounding.

http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/

I attached an example that I made at the site and then added some chorus effects using Adobe Audition.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 19:42
I typed something and when I press GO a new website opens and this is what it says: FATAL ERROR: System command FAILED.

Don't eat yellow snow!
Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2005 05:46
I tried this site out and I really like he sound of it but, how do I download the resulting wav file?

I am on aol9.0 and Windows XP with sp2.

Rob
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2005 09:11
Rob,

I'm not sure about AOL, but here's what I did using Firefox:

Go to the page
Pick your language and voice
Type in your message
Click 'Go'
That opened a new page for me with a QuickTime playbar. I then clicked on 'File' then 'Save Page As' in my browser. That saved the .wav file to my desktop.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 02:36
Rob,

I too am on AOL 9.0. Downloading the .wav can be done. Create the sample you want converted, and allow the QuickTime plugin to play the audio. Copy the URL address where this .wav is located. Open up MS Windows Media Player and choose "Open URL" from the menu. Paste in the address you just copied. The .wav will play through MS Windows Media Player. Choose "Save As" from the menu options. No problem...just a bunch of steps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 02:45
Rob,

Here's the sample I created and saved through this process. Seems to work okay.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 03:07
Thanks Frank,

Although your method didn't work on AOL it did let me know that this was possible. I was experimenting when Seth's message arrived. I tried it and all is fine now, I can do it.

Thanks Seth

PS If you see my request for help on the AOL chatboard then please ignore it. It's only me.

Thanks again,

Rob
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2005 00:04
FPS Creators / Rob,

Here's an earlier site for AT&T That actually offers apparently unlimited words, more character voices, and allows you to create a direct download link of the .wav you just created. No work-around needed to get the file onto your computer!

There is a slight compromise in quality, and no way to change the setting, but it does have its advantages! Check it out and see what you think. A virtual audio goldmine! (Pun intended!)

http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html

Thanks,

Seth Black

- Willie Wonka
Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2005 03:44
Thanks Seth,

You're right, apparently unlimited words, more character voices, and a little easier to use, I wonder why they improved this at all. Maybe the quality is lower but I couldn't detect it.

I'll keep a note of both in case they abandon the older one but I'll be using it in the meantime.

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 15:11:55
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 15:11:55