Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / PureBasic dll help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 13:05
I just got around to reading Freddix's tutorial on making TPC's in issues 19,21,&22. Is there any explanation why nothing in there works on 5.7? Not even the dll he packed in with the tutorial works. Everything crashes.

I've been using purebasic for a while to set system hooks and interupts. Everything is easy with the "call dll" method from within darkbasicpro, but trying to make a built in command gives me a headache.

Antdizzle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 13:21
I've noticed that too. It is just another bug in DarkBasic Pro.
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 02:14
Does anyone have a working demonstration of a tpc in purebasic working with 5.7? I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone know how to make it work?

Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 09:22
Well, I'm thinking that its purebasic that's not doing something right now. Everything works great from .net like its supposed to.

Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 12:33 Edited at: 20th Feb 2005 12:36
Well, I got it to work, I can't tell you how annoying it is to try to follow a tutorial that is full of bugs and is not correct to start with. Proof read anyone? Can't believe tgc released a tutorial that doesn't work.

Freddix, I appreciated the tutorial even though it was incorrect.
And I know it didn't work when you released it, too. I installed 5.4,5.5,5.6,5.7 and none of those string functions in your precompiled dll even works.

Antdizzle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 12:54
What did you do to get it to work?
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 13:42 Edited at: 20th Feb 2005 15:16
Here is a simple send string to dll "lowercase" and return it back to pro in uppercase. Hope it makes sense to you. I spent an entire day because I thought Freddix wouldn't release something broken.

I did alot of disassembly today to see what was going on in there.
Only there is some kind of memory leak. I have to do some more digging in the core.

Edit: Found the leak, pro is not automatically deleting the old string after we return the new one. Easy fix once you know what's going on.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 19:08
Yeah. The problem is that *GlobStruct change ...
So some mentioned things may not work on other version than the one used.

Personally, I Use PureBasic 3.90 and all work fine for me ... With PureBasic 3.92 My DLLs don't work in DBPro [ Maybe these changes cause these problems ]

I Also experienced some problems in older build . Some DBPro's DLL functions names changed and I called a function that does no more exist because they changes things like GetImageEx?... To GetImage?... so sometimes you'll have to check for changes.
These tutorial is now property of TGC so it's up to them to release upgrade of the tutorial or ask me to make an update for them ....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:58:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:58:34