Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / NOOOOOOO! IT'S LOST!(maybe)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 10:07 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2005 10:09
(long story follows)

I was working on a level and wanted to make a peice that would cover like a floor but you could see through(make user think they are walking on air). I made a copy of the ground segment and made a new file called floor_ab.x(made up of just a very small-not-visible-to-human-eye box in truespace) and put this instead of all the occurences of floor_a.x in the fpe files and such. I ran FPSC and my level was fine. I put some of this "new" segment(which had no preview pic by the way) and it placed fine(it was not visible in editor and when not in render shrowd regstered as something there.)I saved and tried to run and came up with this in the middle of compile:
Quote: "Runtime Error 118-Array does not exist or aray subscript out of bounds at line 9276"

This didn't bother me too much. It said the normal applcation must close and stuff but when i went to load the level again I got the same message without testing. I think it was the files I messed with but I am not sure. Also, I went and made them back to the original context of ground segment(except gave it a "2" after so it would stll be another segment)and got the same thing. i even deleted t and got the same. Am i digging myself a hole? I want to see my level again!

1% done... <a href="www.x-streamsystems.tk">X-Stream Systems Home Page</a>
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw on the forums that others had put up their levels when they had errors so here is mine.

1% done... <a href="www.x-streamsystems.tk">X-Stream Systems Home Page</a>

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 21:00
I reported this as a bug, you must have fiddled with scripts, to fix just go in control panel, add & remove FPSC, and select repair. This happend to me and repairing works, it also dosn't get rid of you maps.

Cheers
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 22:16
With scripts never alter existing scripts, copy them to the user directory and modify the copy not the original. Then assocate that script to the entity via the entity properties window. It can save a lot of problems occuring if a script becomes broken.

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
In addition you should probably explore transparent textures over existing segments instead of trying to make a segment into a tiny .x model (which would make a muddle out of collision anyway.)
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 08:45
This should be the golden rule of any experientor coder. Always modify a copy, always make a backup, always make a backup of your backups, and finally always make another backup of your backup backup just to be sure. A good coder can step back in time, all be it reluctantly, to an early time when the world was new and your old code worked

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
yea...in video editing to, lol

i don't siggy my message

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:21:21