Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Trial Version Released

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:39
The trial version can now be downloaded from the following link:

ftp://files.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/FPSCreatorEA_TrialVersion.zip

This trial version provides enough information and features for you to get to grips with FPS Creator and decide if it’s something you would like to purchase. Compared to the full version it does have some restrictions:

* 30 Day Trial Period.
* Build stand alone games disabled.
* You cannot create multiple levels (as this is part of the build game process).
* Access to a third of the prefab, segment and entity media (restricted media is greyed out).
* Dialogue box registration appears after you exceed 20 segments or 20 entities (including markers) when building a level.
* Texture Quality reduced to 256x256. Full version uses 512x512 textures.
* First level of Sci Fi game example included. Full version includes the two full levels and the game as a stand alone exe.

Please download and spread the news...

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading now.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Chrono teeth
Years of Service
User Offline
Damn! Hate 30 day trial demos! Ah well.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:47
30 days not enough time to make up your mind? Most people know within 30 minutes if they want it or not.

Two Worlds and in Between
Hot Metal and Methedrine
Chrono teeth
Years of Service
User Offline
But you don't understand! You leave it prone to the crackers! They'll crack your game! I don't want this to happen, this toolkit trial is too beautiful to fall into the hands of the common crack!
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:52
I knew before I bought it!

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:55
Quote: "But you don't understand! You leave it prone to the crackers! They'll crack your game!"

They might easily remove the 30 day limitation, but they'll never be able to put back in the "Build Game" option, or the massive amount of missing media, or the ability to make more than 1 level, etc

Hot Metal and Methedrine
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:58
Quote: "They might easily remove the 30 day limitation, but they'll never be able to put back in the "Build Game" option, or the massive amount of missing media, or the ability to make more than 1 level, etc "

But what if they manage to program and create their OWN "build game" option and create their own media! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:00
Then we would probably offer them a job!

Hot Metal and Methedrine
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:01
Quote: "But what if they manage to program and create their OWN "build game" option and create their own media! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!"

Thats when ya stand in awe of someone doing the impossible

I don't think anyone has the perciverience (i know i spelled it wrong) to do that, I can see the 30 day part being removed, or users just "cleaning up the registry" and reinstalling for another 30days, but no one has the patience to do much more.

"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold..."
- From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson (1937-2005)
Chrono teeth
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, it was a good idea with the half features thingy. Even if they do get to save more than one guy and can eliminate the trial, they still have basically FPSC Low-fi! Anyways, got the trial, can't wait to....try.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:04
Quote: " Then we would probably offer them a job!"

*starts to learn how to crack*
*opens up a book on C++*
*opens up dictionary and looks up the word "software"*
I give up.

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
lol o coldnews
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 09:35
Coldnews, that's good.

SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Aigle Royal
Years of Service
User Offline
it's a very good new for a poor french boy

AigleRoyal
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline

brb hacking lol
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 00:09
BIG ERROR!
When I try to do the "Test Levle" thing, I get an error message saying "cannot load sound at line 9027". What should I do?

A squid making your day better! [href]www.land-o-games.com[/href]
Casper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 20:34
hi,
the trial version is great, i managed to make some fun levels in just 15 minutes or so. the only problem i have with it is that the texture quality is TERRIBLE! i understand its been reduced for the trial version, but it doesnt even look 256x256, more like 64x64 or something! o_O please could someone show me a screenshot of the highest texture quality available? i have a montser machine, and after playing games like half life 2, the fpsc graphics quality is saddeningly low. Please restore my hopes so i can buy the full version without qualms!
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 01:45
a small question about th ai - can it move two ai objects at once, because i tried the trial and put about 10 ai people in a room, only one of them would attack at a time whilst all the others played their waiting animation

another thing - i put a set of windows(the circular ones) in open air, when the glassed was shattered you saw a square of breaking glass which appeared around the edges of the window, and when you jumped in to it after it had been shot you went straight thru the frame - no collision, i accept that they are meant for inside a wall but it would still be nice

something else i noticed is that the more ai people you put in a game the slower the game went, i gather that there will be some lag but this was really slowly

as rich said "Most people know within 30 minutes if they want it or not."

i know i'm the later

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 12:54
Due to not having my own machine right now I was only able to test for about 30 minutes... what I saw was quite good-- level building, controls, weapons, most of the media... I was pleasantly surprised by the professional editor and the quick look I took at the scripting system. But the two outstanding issues, speed and texture quality, really detract from it. As a previous poster mentioned they really don't seem to be 256x256 at all... it's like they've been scaled up from very low detail images and embossed or something. Oh well. Apart from those things, it's fantastic

It is a perilous occupation for TGC to post anything by way of a promise, as the words get etched in indestructable marble for all time.
-Lee Bamber
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 19:06
something else i would like to ask is how do you editing the scripts as i could not find a script option, it might just be that i didnt look around hard enought to find them

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 19:22
75MB..

Ack.. Me = 56k..

Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait until it makes v1 and comes into the shops...

Mr Blanky - This Time, It's Personal
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 22:07
@IanG, Currently I use notepad, but Have a look in the scripts forums as some people there have developed FPI script editors.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
xmgax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 03:55 Edited at: 27th Feb 2005 05:58
When i open FPSC trial version up ( i only just downloaded it) it says 0 days left. What on earth happened?
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 05:56
Hi, the texture quality in the editor is set low to ensure memory usage is kept to a minimum when you are editing. After you do TEST Level you will see the real quality of the trial version at 256x256. The original textures have been created at 512x512.

xmgax, I am unsure why your trial has ended so soon. Lee is away this week (and only he can help). So I'll ask him to answer when he's back.

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
xmgax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2005 01:34
It doesnt matter. It was because I did not install on an adminstrator account on windows xp.
Zerodin
Years of Service
User Offline
The trial version has me sold on buying the full version as soon as I can!

"Mushrooms, Snakes, and you!" the selfhelp book for badgers
lase
Years of Service
User Offline
me made a rhyme bout my pc "dam ram dam ram why do we needs a gig of ram dam"in other words i only have 512mb of ram

wacko 1.0 new OS
Casper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 12:06
RickV - i meant the texture quality ingame is saddeningly low.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 21:39
I think the problem is more a lack of detail textures rather than anything else. The actual texture size is probably the same as used in most places in HL2 and similar games. Most of those games use detail textures to enhance the look though.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 03:28
Quote: "They might easily remove the 30 day limitation, but they'll never be able to put back in the "Build Game" option, or the massive amount of missing media, or the ability to make more than 1 level, etc
"

Wrong. You should see the clever hacks on the 3D MAX trials. These guys have re-built the disabled 3DS exporter, and removed the need to activate. If they can do that, your program's a gonner...

P:2.4ghz /HD: 120 GB/ GeForce FX 5600 128meg / WinXP Professional SP2
modz
Years of Service
User Offline
About the media part.. Right now i'am curently taken alias maya courses along with some other Digital art courses.. We are still in the intro stages but i'am ventureing off on my own and doing odds and ends.

My question is Would you be interested in me making some content packs or certain types of media? Allready been working on some basic landscaping stuff tree's, bushes, barrels, crates stuff like that.. I hope by next week to beable to start making more detailed things..Such as more detailed texture's, enviorments and or other models. Still not exactly sure though on which format i can use for maya render's...

Anyhow i will wait for your answer to my question and also hope for my question about the model file format from maya to be answered aswell.

Thank you,
modz/jakeg
tjg92
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 03:20
I am going to download it...

crap

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 13:52:26
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 13:52:26