Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Got a big problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have this level I'm working on, and yesterday everything was fine. I did not make any changes; but now when i load the file, there is a section that is just missing. Meaning, it used to be there, but no longer is. It's like some alien took a big bite out of my level. I can't add the segments back either.

The section that is missing is in an earlier version; but that version is missing a lot that I had trouble getting to work in the first place.

I guess my main question is this: Is there a limit to the number of segments in a level?
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 22:09
Could you post a pre and post problem map file. I might be able to find something here.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 22:20 Edited at: 27th Feb 2005 05:32
Sure, here is the problem file.

File now deleted, problem fixed.
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 22:22 Edited at: 27th Feb 2005 05:31
And here is an earlier version without the problem. The problem is on layer 4 in the maze, btw.

File now deleted, problem fixed.
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 05:31 Edited at: 27th Feb 2005 05:33
This is weird. Just for kicks, i tried again, and now I can add the sections back in again. I had rebooted before, so I don't think that did the trick by itself, though I suppose it could have helped. Still not sure why the segments disappeared in the first place.

For anybody reading this topic, I do ask that if you had downloaded the levels, that you not use them for your level/game. It looks like I will be able to continue after all. The maps are now deleted from the above messages as the problem is fixed.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 06:37
I've just had a look and couldn't find the area you were talking about (Probably because it had dissapeared ) Glad you have managed to solve the problem.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 09:04
jasuk70, I tried your original level and have to say you've done a nice job arranging the prefabs. Everything fits nicely together. Good work!

-JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
JerBil, if you are talking about the level that was posted in this thread; then I will say thank you for your kind words. jasuk70 was kind enough to look at my level to see if he could find a problem. The problem has been fixed; and at some time in the near future it will be available on www.fpscreators.com with the custom scripts; so that everything works as it should. I also have a much bigger version that is nearly done. (That was the problem version; which has since been fixed).
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 22:36
jcleaver, sorry, I don't know how that got in, but yes, it was your level I was refering to...

-JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 16:20:47
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 16:20:47