Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 00:11
How do you import files, like models i've made outside of the program?

Well, I'm trying aren't I.....

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice. Then sit back and wonder how it was done.
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 00:15
ahem... Manual?
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 00:31
ahem... I looked and found nothing about importing different files or how.

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice. Then sit back and wonder how it was done.
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 00:44
Start at page 77.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 08:53
Ahh, n00bs... Can't beat em... Pitty...
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 21:09
Excuse me, but I don't exactly consider myself a newb, I had just looked through the wrong section of the manual, it's a common mistake tha even the smartest of programmers could have made.

Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 22:37
Quote: "Excuse me, but I don't exactly consider myself a newb, I had just looked through the wrong section of the manual, it's a common mistake tha even the smartest of programmers could have made."

Not really. But I'm sure you'll think next time. And theres a "Find" function on adobe acrobat reader, I'm sure you'll get some use for that in the future. After you go to the adobe website to ask people how to use it.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 03:59
I used the find function, and I searched for import, I went all the way through and all if found was the import in important.

boywundr
Years of Service
User Offline
Man, can't you guys just be nice and point him in the right direction? Would it kill you to be nice instead of sarcastic?

@TGP

Dude, I found a neat little "tutorial" in the Models and Media forum. It's about half way down.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49079&b=24

What program do you use to make your 3D objects? I use Lightwave and 3D max. If you use either, you can find Direct X exporters out there, just do a search for them on google or something. There's a great one for Lightwave made by Dstorm, that's what I use. It makes your .dds file (texture) and the .x file. After that, follow the directions in that link from above. Good luck! And if you need more help, please, ask again and some of the nice people in this community will be glad to help out! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 23:05
Simple - create a folder to hold your entities in the appropriate entities directory structure - put all your realted material there.

Copy across any script files needed so that you can make any changes to them to reference your new objects. (dont mess with the originals). You can even keep the required textures there as well as any thumbnail for the object.

No import as such - just place everything in your new directory as outlined and as long as everything is correct - in the editor find your listed (new) directory find your new thumbnail for the entity you want to place - choose it and place your new entity in your level - done

hope that helps a little.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 01:07
@boywundr:

Wow! I forgot I wrote that!

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 15:52:10
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 15:52:10