Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Online questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 08:29
Will you be able to create a game and play it online in V1? Will you be able to chat to other players? Can someone from TGC please answere these questions?

Thank you

MaddA
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 08:35
@Lee
Will online even be supported in V1?
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 21:21 Edited at: 4th Mar 2005 21:22
Yes it will, I agree. WE NEED TO HAVE SPEECH WITH MICROPHONES ONLINE TOO! And when they talk, there lips move.

Also I hope they make the animation really cool when looking at other people online like if they reload, you see them reloading with that type of weapon!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 21:50
I just going with that they are not going to put multiplayer in the system, therefore if they do, it's a wonderful surprise, else I am not disappointed.

But for the people that are trying to make "DeathMatch" games, I hope you get what you want.

-This...is my boomstick!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 00:28
I don't know much about FPSC, but if it can use plugins then you can make your games online with mine

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 07:06
One of our major goals is online support for FPSC V1. That is deathmatch first, then co-operative second, then anything else that we feel should go in. I personally like the idea of a squad of four players going in to solve a large and challenging level. Reminds me of old C64 games where one player must stand on a pressure pad, which opens a door that player two can run through, who switches a power level to keep the door open, etc. Lots of new kinds of games lend themselves to co-operative level design. Just because you have guns, does not mean you have to shoot each other

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 07:29
What? A FPS game without having to shoot each other?!?! Sign me up!

-This...is my boomstick!
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 07:30
That's nice to here. Thanks Lee. It would be cool if we could make our own game types.

Lee Will we be able to chat. Voice chat or type chat?

Thanks
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 07:42
@MaddA ChieF

Remember, for Voice Chat, you can always use the *FREE* TeamSpeak.

-This...is my boomstick!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 08:00
Good news Lee - thanks for that
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2005 10:56
Yeah! I have a place for my Deathmatch map now! Co-op? It's good in Halo, but on a computer I like either team vs. team or everyone vs. everyone.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2005 16:23
will it be implemented via regular winsocks or direct x peer to peer or dx client.server ??????????????????

Cheers,
Deion G.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:53
The technology we have implemented right now is DX server client. Mike added voice comm today, but I have yet to test so fingers crossed. Been adding some dead reckoning code and lag management into the current prototype, all looking good I think. Plenty more work, but heading in the right direction with no road blocks

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Edkeyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 12:23
I'm Sorry to ask and maybe I should know this but what did Lee mean about
Quote: "That is deathmatch first, then co-operative second"
?
Is it the type of online game that FPC V1 will use or in the style of?
Anyway what I want to know is how will the online games be like in V1?
Will we be able to see each other in the game as we play? But from what I understand we can't shoot each other? So we would be on the same side?
Also for example if I'm playing a game in V1 with one other friend. I'll be able to see him walking, jumps etc, and when he opens doors, kills other people, picks up things I can see all that as he does it?
And then when I walk up to him in the game I can then voice chat with him? But let's say if I'm along way away from him and I start to voice chat can he hare me? Also if I'm playing an online game made in fpsc V1 and I have many friends playing all at the same time and one starts to voice chat how do I know who is talking?

I'm sorry for all my questions I think this software if fantastic and till yesterday I didn't know there will be online multy player in V1 and it was excciting to read about it and I'd really like to know more.
Thanks all.
Regards
Ed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:01