Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / tutorial on uploading

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,, i know im not to brite on this subject.
but i am having problems uploading my game demo on FPSCcreators.com
computers just are not my thing but i do love to make games and find fpsc as the best tool i have found for me.

i would love a step by step tutorial on uploading demos and or screenshots on the web.

i cant be the only one that has problems with these darn computers...lol

but the help i have been getting has been great thanks everyone,,this forum is a great tool as well

hammer
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 12:22
@Hammer:

Couple quick questions. Are you uploading your ¨game¨ to FPSCreators.com *OR* are you uploading your screen shots to FPSCreator.com?

The reason I ask is that one [href]FPSCreator.com[/href] is owned and operated by ¨The Game Creators¨ who developed the application called FPSCreator whereas the other one is a User/Fan site who is excited with the application as much as we are and they are located at [href]FPSCreators.com[/href] who in no part is associated with ¨The Game Creators¨.

If it is the latter, I would highly suggest logging onto their forum and becoming a member. More than likely they will have an email with step by step instuctions on how to do this for you.

They seem like a nice bunch at [href]FPSCreators.com[/href], so as I mentioned, if it is the latter, try over there *OR* hang tight and a member from their system maybe able to post help for you.

-This...is my boomstick!
Opus
Years of Service
User Offline
Hammer, are you aware that you uploaded your Portals exe to FPSCreators.com without including your media? I downloaded your demo in order to play it and write up a review, but all it did was lock up my computer as the exe tried to do the impossible, to play your level without the media.

You need to contact the webmaster in charge of uploading files and figure out how to correct the problem, and then leave a message on that board, where you have your demo located indicating that not only are you aware of the problem but that you have corrected it.

Opus

Eternal student in search of knowledge. But will settle for the occasional epiphany.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 04:00
Hammer, here ya go...

Step-By-Step ZIP File Creation using Windows XP:

1. Build your game. Make your Build Game Folder the Desktop for ease.
2. Once the game has been built, you will see a folder on your desktop. That folder contains your game and all the media. Right-Click on that folder and then choose the 'Send to' option.
3. Once you click the 'Send to' option, choose the 'Compressed (zipped) Folder' option.
4. That will created a new file on your desktop with a .zip extension. This is the file you will upload to FPSCreators.com.
5. Once the ZIP file is complete, go to www.fpscreators.com and click on the 'Submissions' link (bottom-left of the navigation panel). Fill out the form. When you get to the bottom of the form, click on the 'Browse' button and browse to your Desktop. Find that .zip file you just created and click on it to choose it.

Now, just sit back and wait for it to upload.

If you have any further questions, just post it here or email me, I'll be glad to help.

Frank
FPSCreators.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 13:36:12
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 13:36:12