Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Own target cursors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm a bit new at this... anyone know how to make your own new target cursors for the guns... because some of the existing ones are just unsatisfactory (no offense, they just don't fit my game). Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know when online multiplayer will come out for FPS Creator?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 10:05
Sixpack,

Follow this file tree on your computer:

FPSC\Files\Gamecore\Guns\Modernday\Commando

Within the Commando folder, find a file named Crosshair.dds. This is the crosshair graphic that this weapon uses during gameplay.

Using a file converter such as DDS Converter 2, convert this file into .bmp format. Open this .bmp in the graphics suite of your choice (Photoshop, etc.) and modify the art to your taste. Save the file as Crosshair.bmp. Convert the file back into .dds format, and overwrite the existing Crosshair.dds file. Voila!

I hope this helps you. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 11:25
All gun entities have a crosshair, if you cange one it will only change for the gun in that folder and not your own weapon, if you wish to create your own weapon? start by checking page 77 of the manual.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 22:57
Aoneweb,

Greetings. Yes, the example that I gave above is only to change the crosshairs for the Commando. Individual weapons must be tweaked in this fashion to change their crosshairs.

There is also a folder at:

FPSC\Files\Gamecore\Crosshairs

In which you can store a library of crosshairs. You could just shuttle them in and out of this folder to the weapon you need to apply it to.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 13:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 13:26:44