Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSCreators upload question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im trying to upload the demo of my portals demo
for the last couple days has not been working,
says cannot find page...

was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

thanks hammer
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 04:58 Edited at: 6th Mar 2005 03:04
Hammer,

Sorry you're having trouble with a submission. I just check and tested the submissions page and it working fine for me here (I'm at work).

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Frank

Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
when i hit upload and the small window opens instead of it showing me the progress of the upload it just says "please wait"

after a few trys the small window goes away and the screen where i upload at goes to the normal page when you try to get on a site but cant it says.

the page cannot be displayed.
it is currently unavailable or might be experiencing
technical difficulties. or i may need to adjust my browser settings.

i know when i uploaded the first time, even though portals didnt work because i didnt zip the whole folder i did not have that problem so i think im doing it right unless my browser settings are off..if so why did i upload the first time,,, how would i go about changing my browser settings.?

thanks for the frank

hammer
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2005 04:48
@Hammer,

Dylan was working on the code for a while, but I think everything is functional now. Did you ever get your upload to work?

Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
no i have never got it to upload again, i am right clicking on the my game folder zipping that folder. move it to my desk top.
then i follow the submission. which is very easy.
it gets about 38% done then it says its complete.
then freezes and goes back to the page cannot be displayed screen.

when i did upload it the first time even though i didnt zip the media i didnt have a problem. showed the progress then told me the upload was good.
should i be zipping the whole folder to upload to the web site?

im kind of at a lost right now as how to get it going.

thanks hammer
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2005 06:26 Edited at: 9th Mar 2005 06:27
Hammer,

When you build a game from within FPS Creator, it is automatically going to put all the files needed for the game into one main folder. You get to specify the name of that folder and the location in the 'Build Game' menu.

Once the game has been built, all you have to do is find where you put that folder and right-click on the folder (don't open the folder, just right-click on it). When you do that, one of the options in the menu will be 'Send To'. Select 'Send to' and then choose 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Once you do that, a new file will be dropped into the same location that you found the folder, only now it will end with a .zip and will have the same exact name as the folder you were zipping.

That .zip file is the one you need to select when making a submission to FPSCreators.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 14:15:27
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 14:15:27