Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment material type?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 06:44
I want to assign a different "sound when walking over" to my user created ground types, ie snow and leaves. I have figured out the setting to change the sound, but my user created ones will not play. I have renamed them to default names and they play fine, so I know it's not my sound files. This is what I have found out so far...

Inside the .fps file, under Segment Parts, is the materialindex0 = X entry, this changes the sound for each segment, when walking over it. It refers to the materials folder in the audiobank folder for each material type 1-4, and another one without a # named goo.

I have tried naming my snow sound file 5snow.wav, and pointing the entry to materialindex0 = 5, that doesn't work. I also tried using the full path to the file, no luck either Is there a setup script that has to be updated with my added materials? Or is this something that will not work until we have the segment editor?

Thank you

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 07:27 Edited at: 7th Mar 2005 08:40
Im not sure why adding in 5snow will now work i haven't looked a lot into it yet but if you take the 0ground file out of the folder rename your 5snow file to 0ground, and in the fps script have materialindex0 = 0 the snow sound plays here problem is this way limits the amount of sounds you can have by replacing them to only 5, 0 to 4 there should be some way to add your own though after the standard one's though.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 06:39
Only the pre-set ground sound types are supported for EA. In V1 this material list will at the very least extend 0 through to 9 so you can add five custom ones. At best, a user configurable list that you can set-up per game. Watch the V1 space!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 23:54
Thanks Lee

Sounds great. For now I will just backup the default sounds, and rename my custom sounds to the default names.

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:09