Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Blurry textures in custom entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 05:18 Edited at: 10th Mar 2005 05:19
When I made and skinned the old west house, the textures look OK, but when I import them into FPS creator, the textures look crappy. Why? How do I fix this. (see pic)

(note: the building still needs work, but doesn't seem to import properly texture wise)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 05:21
In PREFERENCES, set your texture quality to maximum (512x512) for the desired quality. By default the test game reduces texture size so the preview can load and be played faster.

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 05:39
Lee,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but my question is kind of in the same venue...

Have you seen the thread about adding your own entities? Can you chime in with a suggestion on what to do when you have a model that has multiple texture files (i.e. a .max, .3ds, etc.) in order to get it ready and working within FPSC?

Thanks.

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
OK thanks Lee
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 07:06
Off the top of my head, if you delete the TEXTURED field from the FPE file and then delete the BIN file, the model should load, and not apply ANY texture to it, thus leaving it to use whatever textures it had initially. If you place all your textures alongside the model, it should be fully textured as described in your original modelling package. Might be wrong, but this is exactly how gun models are handled as many of the guns are multiple textures (one for the gun itself and one of the movable ammo clip).

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 23:33
OK, so if I have this right, I take the FPE file and remove the "textured" references. Then I take my converted .X model and put all the textures called in the .X file in the same directory as the model and it will load in FPSC?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 08:12
I have not experienced that as being necessarily correct. How FPSC handles textures and texture mapping seems to depend somewhat on which programme the .x file is saved out from apart from any other internal things its doing with textures. All the modelling progs seem to have their own version of the .x file format description language.

I create new script files for all entities referencing all textures used by these elements and constantly have to delete the dbo and bin file references which is a pain. Still the .x file entities and how successfully they show the textures in FPSC vary depending on the individual modelling package, how it applies texture mapping and how it saves the .x file description. A lot of variables.

I have some entities which work well others that I have to make numerous attempts in various programs before I can get the textures to show as in the modelling prog, even though it seems one model has been created by the same procedure as another. Obviously not seen as the case by FPSC.

Erratic and hard work it seems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:58:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:58:32