Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2005 04:27
When I click the build game button, it loads to 3% and I get a runtime error saying 'runtime error 3002 cannot load sound at line 9844'. What should I do?

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 03:42
Are you trying to use your own custom sounds? If so what format is the sound?

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 03:44
Nope, I'm using only the things that come with FPSC

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 03:52
You've mentioned in another thread that the EA isnt supported on your machine, what O/S are you trying to use?

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 03:53
Win XP home sp2

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 19:32
Could you save your level and attach to this forum, I'll try it here.

Jas

----
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 00:36
Ok, I'll make one.

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 00:55
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 02:44
I've tried the level and it works fine on my machine. I suggest that you try re-installing the FPS Creator. BTW Is this the Trial for Full version of FPSC EA?

Jas

----
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 02:51
Ok, I'll try re-installing. It is the trial version.

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 09:44
I re-installed and it did the same thing.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:44
It sounds like (pardon the pun) that the sound file failed to load for whatever reason. This could be due to corrupt files (in which case a complete re-download of the product, a complete un-install, deleting all the leftover files from your HD in the FPS Creator folder and then a re-install might solve this. Another idea is that your sound card driver is not configured and any sound file loaded will fail, or some other factor that is lending to the failure to load and store a DirectSound resource item. Always is the idea that the system is not running the latest DirectX, or that some background software is interfering with the normal operation of the build process. Also test the TEST GAME to ensure it is not BUILD GAME specific. The key here is that it stops when attempting to LOAD SOUND. If you are a DBPro user also, try this command with some WAV files (mono and stereo) to test this theory if you like. Maybe you can get another FPSC users to send you an EXE they have made to ensure it is just not a one off FPM error that is conflicting with your system. Hope these ideas help!

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
Essex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:52
BUILD GAME problem with the demo version??!?
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:59
Quote: "It sounds like (pardon the pun) that the sound file failed to load for whatever reason. This could be due to corrupt files (in which case a complete re-download of the product, a complete un-install, deleting all the leftover files from your HD in the FPS Creator folder and then a re-install might solve this. Another idea is that your sound card driver is not configured and any sound file loaded will fail, or some other factor that is lending to the failure to load and store a DirectSound resource item. Always is the idea that the system is not running the latest DirectX, or that some background software is interfering with the normal operation of the build process. Also test the TEST GAME to ensure it is not BUILD GAME specific. The key here is that it stops when attempting to LOAD SOUND. If you are a DBPro user also, try this command with some WAV files (mono and stereo) to test this theory if you like. Maybe you can get another FPSC users to send you an EXE they have made to ensure it is just not a one off FPM error that is conflicting with your system. Hope these ideas help!"

Ok, I'll do these things. could you send me an exe? I don't have DBP.

Quote: " BUILD GAME problem with the demo version??!?"

Yep, thats right.

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 06:11
you can't build games with the trial version!

The hole idea of SMARTGUY is the SMART part in it
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 07:44
Thats right.

http://dbteam.homestead.com My DB website
[href]therandomgamescreation.homestead.com[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 13:54:08
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 13:54:08