Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / free ware corrupted?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2005 15:25 Edited at: 12th Mar 2005 15:26
Ok so tonight I was fooling around I went into the huds and opened one of the images with picure manager.
I was just goofing off and Their was a spot where I could type stuff in. I typed in blah for know reason.
Then when I exeted it named the JPEG image "Blah" now when I go to run my games It says.
Quote: "Freeware message-corupted game will now exit."

So does any one have an idea how to bring back the real freeware message or basicaly to make my games work again.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2005 21:39
Well, it's obviously because you corrupted the image file (you already knew that). Essentially, you NEED the normal picture back. Maybe you could e-mail Lee and he might send you one hopefully.

Last night I was looking up at the stars and said "Where the hell is my roof?!"
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2005 23:44
ok it worked now thanks :0

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 01:15
So, let me get this straight. You accidentally found the freeware splash image and accidentally altered it?

Right. Maybe it's just me but tough sell there pal.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 01:23
You cannot change the image (well, you can just you won't be able to run the game). Inside the main EXE is a routine that checks to make sure the image is not modified (time/date stamp, Pixels CRC Check, etc).

I would not fool around with it. What's the point?

-This...is my boomstick!
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 05:06
@fps creator I was just goofing around and I typed a blah in this space where you type. Then next I didnt save it and it ended up but now I deleted that game and the games work and the freeware sign is there

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:49
The freeware corrupt sign is there to indicate a possible hack attempt to remove the message. If anyone can find a way around this, please let me know so I can sure up the protection for V1. I have more ideas but do not want to spend too much time on it if the current implementation is sufficient

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 02:31
Lee,
Remember me? I was the one that found a way around it. I won't say how but if you look for an email from sjolly11@cox.net maybe that might refresh your memory
Seems like the vacation you were on was too good to leave
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 07:57 Edited at: 16th Mar 2005 08:56
after readign this post i decided to give it a shot there are a couple of ways. one you have to be real familiar with a certain decompiler and then another way i will email you tonight. right now my psp and need for speed underground rivals came in so i must play ill email later tonight when you all are mostlikely be online.

Cheers,
Deion G.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 10:07
Too much.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:55:41