Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Should i buy???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 16:01 Edited at: 13th Mar 2005 16:08
I have about 1600 lines of coding in DBPro, but I need to use OOP to finish designing my battle and shop systems. Also, the only c++ compiler/editor I ever use is Dev C++. Yet another question, what's the difference between the freeware and shareware liscense? Other than 14 weeks of allowance?($140) Is there any way I can just make a game, copyright it and sell it? Without having to worry about it being shareware or freeware? I'd rather not have to waste the whole friggen summer working my butt off mowing and landscaping my dad's house just to buy an upgrade that changes my game from being free to being free until u decide u want to be able to save and get passed the first fifteen minutes-meaning i have to add the regestration code as well. So, in my opinion...which doesnt really count cuz im only 13...it isnt worth it. I would have to spend 3 or 4 days converting the code, about a week learning to use a new editor, and about half a year to pay for it...i only make $10 a week...and that's not counting the inevadable regestration function...
If your're too lazy to read all that, just look at the chart below...

Good | bad
-----|-----
OOP|1-6+ months to buy and use
C++|Shareware or freeware only.
-----|No Dev C++
looks a little one sided to me...

edit* PLUS I cant use Geoscape or MagicWorld anymore, unless i convert the whole $&^# function into DGSDK...then get sued...

Life's not short
You're just dead for sooooooo long...
dazzling dazzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 04:24
hmm, id say stick with dbpro. Freeware means your games are free for all. Shareware means that you can give a trial of your app to the world and then get them to buy the rest of it. If i were you id plug it heavily on the forums, dont try freeware or shareware stuff and sell via your website using paypal or summing.

the answer to all lives questions is...
... meh!
Steel Forb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 05:04
thx for the advice!
Current Count:
For me buying it 0
against 1

Life's not short
You're just dead for sooooooo long...