Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Which is best for my Game, DBpro collision, newton, Nucular Glory?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2005 23:09
I would like your opinion on what would be best for my game collision. DBpro collision, newton, or Nucular Glory? Here are my situations.

1 - Collision of two 3d moving objects (both box like)

2 - Two 3d moving object(both box like). One of which will have 4 smaller rectangels which surround it that will be turned off and on during the game. I will need to detect if it hits the rectangels when they are turned on.

3 - An expanding Triangel Object that may hit a moving box like object.

4 - I want to make a bomb that the closer you are to it the more damage it causes. (Any hints on how to do this? 3 nested spheres?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 04:34
Hardest - Newton
Easiest - DB
Slowest - DB
Most versatile - Nuclear Glory

Nuclear Glory is good, once it's bug-free again. Newton is a different way of thinking, so it would be good to use Newton Collision if you were already using Physics, but otherwise I would avoid it.

BatVink
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 05:02
I looked into Newton since it was free and it seemed very complicated since it as a skd verses a plug-in. Also I did not see any DBpro tutorials or examples.

I am looking at Nuclear Glory now.

Thanks Again BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:58:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:58:01