Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Walk above imported objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I've import a ground object (map) as x file. Now I have the problem that I can't walk over it. After putting the player on it, no movement is possible (frosten). Outside of the object it works fine and stops the movement by the collision with the object. Any tricks, ideas or code?

Thank you
Regards Peter
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 01:20
Try moving the start arrow up abit so the green glow is up above the floor.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 06:38
I take it you are importing the ground as a static entity. Make sure when you define your FPE that your collision value is set to 'full polygon collision'. I cannot remember off hand what the value is, but I know that the WW2 buildings use this collision mode so check our those FPE and copy that collision value and you will be able to place and walk over your new ground tile. You can also do this as a segment, but that is QUITE anothing story

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 08:42 Edited at: 16th Mar 2005 08:48
You can use a segment thats easy - you can copy and add another ground element and place it at any level number (floor level) or make a new room segment and just use the floor part. Of course these floors will want to place themselves at "floor level"

You can also make a new floor "entity" from any default floor or ground x.file supplied with FPSC. Thats easy too. If you study the script files you can use the default height placement setting to place that floor at any room height you want so you can say have it half way up the room if you want just like placing any other element (just look for the best default script file for the kind of entity you need and use a copy of that as the basis for your new script - a simple one should be OK for a floor - try the ground one).

As you have said its quite likely that when you place your new entity floor you wont be able to walk over it when you get in the level. The answer is easy - its no big secret........the same applies for any object entity that you cant pass or pass close to without getting stuck occasionally.

Place your new floor or ground entity in the editor, right click it and check the static setting if it says "Yes" - change it to "No". Now you should be able to walk over your new floor entity. With any entities where the default script static setting is opposite - again change it.

This has never failed to work with me using numerous blocking movement entities (except for completely enclosed ones which the player needs to walk through - like a door opening if it has a base threshold or tunnel - yet to crack that one with entities - I guess the answer is to make sure its not a completely closed object though.), however I have only done this with flat type floors and not a terrain type floor if thats what you refer to.

If that simple change of static to non static dont work I dont know what to suggest. Sorry

Personally non of the script files I have used with such floors have any collision settings altered if indeed they have contained any at all.

Dont forget - Copy any files you need and make your new ones with new names from them I cant stress that enough - dont alter the default files - always keep a backup.

Hope that helps
Peter
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all

It works fine with simple models like boxes. If I try to import a landscape I get the problems. Can't walk at the correct height over the floor. I have played with collisionmode and staticmode, without luck. Also it isn't possible to put another entities like characters at the top of the floor. Another problem: The OFFY parameter seems not to work. Could somebody look at the file?

Thank you very much
Peter

Edit: Sorry, but I can't upload the file. I get the error "Invalid board".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:01:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:01:28