Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / hostage script?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 10:31 Edited at: 16th Mar 2005 23:06
does anyone have a hostage script? where if you aim at them they raise their hands. that would be cool and maybe someone could make a voice "don't shoot!"also if you shoot them you fail the mission and if the bad guys see you they shoot you and then they shoot the hostage. then you fail the level and if you shoot them you fail too.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 22:42
Fist of all by default the character don't come with that animation. And I wouldn't expect anyone to make you one soon. IF you try expirementing around with the script mabe you could write your own cool scrips. I'm not very good at scripting but I am still trying.

Just a thought...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 23:22 Edited at: 16th Mar 2005 23:31
I really don't see a problem with doing this. You would have to look at the manual about "targetting" to see if you could activate a script if the "targetting" condition is meet.

The animation would for anyone who has done animation, take a whooping 30 sec to make.

[EDIT]
The closest one I can currently find is "PLRINGUNSIGHT" but I think that is for the enemy targetting the player and not the other way around. Should still be pretty easy.

Heck, it would be pretty easy to make a script that once you kill all the enemies in the room, that the hostage can follow you out to a location. I don't see a problem with doing that.

-This...is my boomstick!
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 01:14
well not that but when you kill the hostage holder it says hostage released and then the hostages follows a way point.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 01:25
Um, isn't that what I said?

Quote: "kill all the enemies in the room, that the hostage can follow you out to a location."

The "enemies" would be the hostage taker, and the hostage would follow either you or a waypoint.

Yeap. Real easy to do.

-This...is my boomstick!
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 01:35
could you do it? please.
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 02:07
are you doing it or will you tell me how to do it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:27:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:27:42