Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Creating Own Weapons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Could someone please tell me the steps to creating your own weapon and importing it into FPS Creator? Sorry, but I'm a n00b at this...

Does anyone know when online multiplayer will come out for FPS Creator?
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 14:00
manual tells you alot about it

guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 23:58
not enough though. i read it about 25 times and i still can't get it to appear on the screen.
Sixpack
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah the manual tells you very bluntly what you need to do. I suspect that they didn't expect people to get that creative. But I seriously need some help. I have created 1 .X file for my gun, and am now wondering what to do about the .DDS files. Can someone PLEASE help?!

Can't wait for V1!!!!!!!
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 05:24
You need to make a folder in gamecore\guns folder. I named mine new guns. Copy a weapon that is in FPSC in the new weapon folder. I copied assaultrifle. Now you need two . x files. Hud and vweap. Now make a model and save it as hud in your new weapon\assaultrifle folder and do the same for vweap.

now in the entitybank make another folder. I named mine my entities. Go to entitybank\scifi\items and copy assaultrifle.bmp and assaultrifle.fpe and place them in your folder called my entities. Now make another 3d model of your weapon name it assaultrifle. Open the .fpe file in notepad and under textured point it to your texture file starting with C:\. now build a room and drop your weapon in the level and test. it should show up as a pick up if you right click on player start and under has weapon select your new weapon.for some reason it will not show up, but if you drop a character in the level and right click on it and under has weapon point it to your new weapon and build a test game you shows up in there hands. I cannot figure out how to get the hud.x file show up in the 1st person view

hope that helps

don

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:11:59
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:11:59