Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Rob the bank game!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 16:46 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 16:49
This is the first full game I have made to date.
A. Title screen with music
B. A plot
C. Puzzle
D. Way to die
E. An END

sample screenshot
[]

The zip is about 570kb. There are two screen. Press space to get out of the Title screen, left and right move your player left and right, space is jump. You need to grab the gold, take it back to the start and win win win! There is a way to die! See if you can figure out how to win win win!

win win win!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/kbarnard/alien.zip

**Officialy has a mental illness.
" Ahh to finish something! My boy, have you ever accomplished anything? "
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 21:39
Los: Dont want the first post to be negative but i cant see any example of the gameplay you descibed from that picture, i just looks like a paint piccy.
The only reason i say this is that a fair few people wont download without a decent picture and youll want to reach as many people as possible.
Ill download it now though.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 21:48
Ok...what?...i ran it and got some thing i belive was Mess.jpg as a backdrop then that dissappeared and a load of balls appeared at the top of the screen cept the middle one looked like it had a graphics error, i realised i can move and "jump" the red blob at the bottom of the screen but if i move off the right hand side the balls dissapear, i am jammed in the bottom left hand corner for 2 seconds and then reappear at the beggining again...
Is that what is meant to happen ?
Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 21:50 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 21:52
ok. Are you running DR Pro? This is made making classic and I would like it to work in both versions. I'll take a look at what you've said and try to figure it out.

----------------------
BReif description of how this game developed.
----------------------
I can't code and I got stuck in loads of places with this. It took my brain alot to figure out how to do it, I removed all bugs that could occure. If you could at least give me feedback on any bugs youv'e encountered I would be greatful. this is a learning curve for me, and I try and create a game within my boundries. I think my games can be pretty immersing.

Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 21:55 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 21:59
What happens is

MESS.BMP flickers off pretty quickley
TITLE SHOWS! Did you hear the title music?
you press space to hear a BOOOOOOOOP noise.
Then you are placed in the game
Blob should be GREEN.
You cannot jump up to the ceiling.
There should be BANK.BMP as a backdrop
If you jump up in the middle of the screen you will get a GOLD BAR, this will be indicated in RED in the vault.
you run to the left and it counts up your gold, this is show to the right in WHITE.
you need to do this 5 times to get to the end.

what you experienced was dying. There should be a platform just at the edge of the screen an dyou can walk back.... don't press right too far but you should see a grey ledge. It says DEAD in the top left corner, then you are re-positioned.

Thank baggy, I'm trying not to loose your interest in this.. please try it again

Los
Years of Service
User Offline
On screen 1 you should see a Key like picture in the middle. Thats BANK.BMP

On screen 2 there is a small ledge you can barely fit on but swim back to screen 1

Screen 1 is there just as a spacey thing. The jiggling ball has to come into play later.. for now it does it's animation

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 22:41
Oh im dbpro, that may be it. Im going out now but will play about with it later.
Los
Years of Service
User Offline
well I thought DBPro was fairly compatable with DBC, I havn't used anything that would screw it around. Funny you mention the box is RED.

`make player blob
create bitmap 2,18,40
cls rgb(0,255,0)
get image 2,0,0,18,40

man DBP/DBC is useless if I wanna make it even slightly compatible. Maybe you could show me a screen of the playing screen when the box appears. I hope you didn't miss the intro music.. that **** was fat.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 00:35 Edited at: 20th Mar 2005 00:35
Ok i did, it is a green box for the character so sorry for that mistake
this is a screenshot of what i saw after the first page and the boop.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is there no background.. hmm. Does PRo have some difficulty with paste image? I remember I had some problems with that command. sometimes it didn't show up and it left the screen blank. That drove me nuts. Perhaps I need to add in syncs.

ok syncs in after each paste image and I've re-numbered the images. I used duplicate images on the same image placeholder so perhaps it wasn't getting the correct picture. Try it again if you dare! mu hahahah. Erm, Still works in DBC btw.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 01:51
Im afraid that although the differences in commands between DBC and DBPRO are relativly little, the way sprite and images work is very different in DBPro...dont be dissheartened though, just compile your game, zip it up and email it to me and ill put it on my webspace so people can download it.
Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Firstly I will have to murder all Professional users in a large scale attack. meh, I don't think it's worthy to be placed on a web server. Plus I can't compile. I have the LITE version. So secondly I need to stab classic afew times before thinking about it.

I either need to face the fact and realise only I will be able to run my game the way I see fit, on my computer, with LITE version. Either upgrade to Pro, keep classic style and win win win with the Classic users (who get told how great Professional is), or spend my time learning something I enjoy.. like.... sitting infront of my computer (OMG!)

It's not a huge download tho.

Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Why do I also have some fetish for old retro games? I think most are boring. I like the idea of Dungeons and Dragons... SPace Crusade stuff... like fantasy huge weapons and monsters to kill. Those are games. I like the look of Doom. It's still on par with Half Life.. I love doom... maybe I should map some Dooom levels instead... hmm.. cheers for responding Baggy *num num*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 05:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 05:30:32