Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / NINJA SCROLL: teaser trailer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 02:55
hey guys,been playing with some new software and came up with a trailer for ninja scroll (the stages i've done so far), the trailer's pushin 5MB so i'd suggest you download it when your free!

Now, there's no real need to post criticism (any form) cus it's just a trailer, and i can't be bothered to do it again, although comments are welcome

in order to get the trailer
your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 02:56
ignore the top post

hey guys,been playing with some new software and came up with a trailer for ninja scroll (the stages i've done so far), the trailer's pushin 5MB so i'd suggest you download it when your free!

Now, there's no real need to post criticism (any form) cus it's just a trailer, and i can't be bothered to do it again, although comments are welcome

in order to get the trailer less than 5MB to upload to my site i had to reduce the quality of both the music and video by a lot so i know the audio and video quality is gonna be really bad!

the site:
http://www.geocities.com/hexgear/fw_ninja_scroll_downloads.html

there are 3 different sources, download from any, if it doesn't work now then you can try again later on, thanks!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 07:54
Umm, hi there. I saw the trailor and I'm currently downloading the demo, I have a few things to say. First off the engine looks good, as well as the graphics. You have a solid story but just what time period are we talking about here? Another thing is little details that bug me, like the chair on the table. I am a big Japanese fan so this small thing really kinda bug me. However, since I like your design, I'm willing to help you with such details as the history, proper terms (Japan uses the word 'Ki', not 'chi', that's chinese), other little thing that might stand out.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 08:11
Is this game by any chance based off an Anime serries? If so, is it the Ninja Scroll Serries, like the title suggests?

Arrow, have you seen that Anime, if you would go out & watch it, it may answere some questions, dont know though. I have, personaly, seen the Ninja Scroll Serries, but I guess I need to. I think it was made around the time that the Japanese started wanting to be like us in the US, which was quite a few years ago, to the present, which may look to explain those questions.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 12:08
Arrow:
thanks for the comments, and i'll give you a shout if anything i need comes to mind

Shadow:
nah, it's nothing to do with the animated series, it's more to do with Ninja's and Scrolls, so i thought Ninja scroll would be an appropriate title, sorry if the name's misleading!

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 20:55
LOL, Guyver, you make me laugh. Any way yes I've seen Ninja Scroll, I have it on tape. It's just a movie, not a series, mabie your thinking of Ninja Resorection. Japan has allway done there own thing, it's the US that wants to be like Japan, in the animation departemt.

As for the tilte you might want to change it to Scroll of the Ninja or something, just to avode such confution. Any way those little detail do take away a bit from the game. I'll list the ones that come to mind.

Chairs, most of the time the Japanese sat on the floor or a least on some sort of pillow, the tables are only 2 feet high.

Some of the weapons are named incorectly. A quick search on google will fix this.

Most building back then where made of wood, not stone.

They didn't have street lights, or the chininese laturns (unless it was a festivel). The didn't use lanturns hung from the celling, the used candles on top of poles, kinda like those high wattage lamps.

That's all i can think of for now, I don't want to sound rude or something, I'm just pionting out thing that may make you game a little less profecial looking.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 21:44
wow, hmm, heh, <cough> chill, i'm not really that serious about this game to go into that much detail on japan, however i did do little research on their architecture and custom, the 2 feet tables are stools you where talking about are all in the game, i knew about the street lights stuff but just wanted to use lamps instead

This game is more about learning programming techniques and model construction! besides i'm gonna realeae the source code so there's no real point in going into a lot of detail!

i just uploaded the combat trailer unto the site (same page) you could downlaod that if you wanted to check out the dojo interiors!

http://www.geocities.com/hexgear/fw_ninja_scroll_downloads.html

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 00:00
pretty cool that ... you would've got better results with a larger picture using MPEG4 or Bink

Bink is my own personal choice for a compress format
you can compress better with MPEG4's like DivX

but Bink has probably the best scaling options around - but personal preferance really

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 00:08
cool! thanx, i'll be sure to check into one of those formats the next time i decide to make a video

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 10:19
Well most of what I said are little details that can be easily fixed. I most aplogise those, I tend to read the forums in order of appaerance. One always getts me worked up and unforcantly your forum was after it. I promise from now on to check out mine and Raven's US flamebait last.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 17:48
heh, it's ok besides i'm concentrating more on the gameplay did you download the demo (old version)? how was it?

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 03:04
The zip was corrupt, it happens off and on on my com, I'll try again later.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 11:54
lmao... its kinda odd actually... that "flamebait" post of ours should never of kicked off the way it did - but most of the posters are getting worse and worse.

:: sighs :: ho hum

anyways i can't download the training vid - it keeps going ping after like 300kb and then when i try to open says corrupt. thats form both mirrors

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 17:07
hmm, well, see what i can do, i gues it's just geocities actin up i guess, sometimes i even try to download it and either it connects or doesn't.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:58:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:58:42