Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / New Graphical demo "reVolution" by Purples Studios

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 01:33
IceVan - feel free to ignore the drivelsome shit of a post above, he couldn't do any better in his dreams, and has zero appreciation for any demo scene creations. Obviously thought your demo was supposed to be just some kind of shader showcase or something (poor scene noobs.. they're everywhere aren't they! absolutely no clue about demo styles, never attended a real demo party and probably and never coded a demo in their life! yet happy to moan.. should crawl back up their holes asap)

Also don't worry about re-packaging it, the archive you provided works perfectly with the standard DX9.0c available from Microsofts web site. I don't have *any* additional versions installed, none of the SDK and not a trace of the "missing DLL" and it works perfectly for me.

Keep up the good work, not many people create demos with DBPro, and even less do them as well as you. Listen to the posts from those who HAVE the old skool skills, who weren't just sperm during the days the scene was born, and know the real score (Van-B, geecee3, etc)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 05:04
Wow, that was spectacular! As I watched this, I started to wonder about all the neat effects. I even started to wonder how long it took to make what you've done so far, compared to how long it takes to make a game.

Very very nice job!

To anyone who hasn't seen IceVan's teams earlier tech demo, here's a link that I highly recommend.
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=91

Specs:
Radeon 9800 | 3 ghz | Windows XP SP2 | 2 gb ram

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
IceVAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people!

Thanks you for all your comments (goods and bad too ).
All commets are welcome to my.

This demo is tested in many computers in the "Euskal encounter 13" www.euskal.org and work fine in all.

I don't think that this demo are the best of demos of Demoscene but I am proud of the result. This is different .

If you can see the best demos of Demoscene see this web www.pouet.net and if you have interesting of demoscene you can see www.scene.org.

cheers
IceVAN/Purples Studios

Genius + Technique + Art = Programming
Manuel Marino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 04:32
Hello! Your demo is amazing, congratulations! Music is also very good, what's the name of the studio that produced it?

Manuel Marino
Marino Sounds (Italy)
http://www.marinosounds.com
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 09:28
Wow!

That was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

I always love demo's, they're just so sexy, and the way everything ties so closely in with the music beat, it makes me wanna do some myself ( not that I ever could ).

Great job making that in DarkBASIC Keep up the awesome work!

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
IceVAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Manuel Marino.

Thanks for your comment. Purples Studios no are a proffesional studios. We are 3 spanish friends that we like "demoscene". This productions no are commercial.We make it for "art love".

Purples Studios members:
IceVAN - Ivan Armada. (Code)
Tracy - Pedro Casado. (Graphics)
Fx-! - Daniel Tejerina. (Music)

If you are interested for Demoscene you can view: www.escena.org (in spanish ) www.scene.org and www.pouet.net

Cheers

Steve Fash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 20:48
Absolute greatness !!!
As an old C64/Amiga user I love to see demos, this builds on your last demo and takes your coolness even further !
Would love to see the source, but I probably wouldn't understand it, LOL
Keep up your great worx

For game/demo music for YOUR PC productions visit:-www.futuredevelopments.org.uk
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
What a trip! Loved it, you are very talented.

Clyde Radcliffe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 02:33
Simply stunning and awesome work dudes!

Cheers and all the best,
Clyde <Gravity>
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 23:56
wow that is powerful graphics

See you at the convention!
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 02:50
IceVan:
Very impressive and not doubt about that !

I do have a little which is I sort of see where Raven is coming from, though i'm not going to be as blunt about it. There is a lot going on and occasionally it does seem that some areas of the demo had the shaders more for 'show' than actually adding much to the scene.
I personally adored the first demo made by you guys, it kept me assured that DB really had power back their if you knew how to use it and the scenes where the noise cut out and the detail was shown was breath-taking... however in this demo I wasnt as impressed.

Maybe I'm just some "poor scene noob" as Rich so un-eliquently put it, however I think a wee demo of some of those scenes where the user could toggle the effects would really show just how much those nifty little shaders are adding.

But hey thats just my opinion, not meaning to ruin the party as it is an impressive piece of coding !
Peace

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 20:44
d3dx9_24.dll error

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 03:45
If there's one thing this community needs, it's good looking graphics using shaders. With this tech demo, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Great job! Now if only such shaders were more widely available, so that anyone could use them... I tried downloading your shader demo but it's out of bandwidth..

UNVIDIA GeFartFX 5600 Crud Edition
Featuring an unbeatable 0-1 FPS in 3DMark05!
If Return to Proxycon were a game, I would die before I saw the door open!
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 13:31 Edited at: 4th Sep 2005 13:48
This one is not lacking in luster. Beautiful visuals.

Can someone host the shader example. I cannot get to it before the bandwidth is gone.

Downloading the latest Directx does not work for everyone (at least it doesn't work for me). Also, that file is not included in the latest version (and I even tried renaming the other one - no go). I do not have XP SP2. That file comes from sdk version that they updated and didn't include later, so those with the old sdk will be able to run but others cannot. The only way I was able to get it to work was earching for the darn dll online, and it worked... beware of virus and stuff... and distributing the dll is not legal technically. But it is a catch 22 b/c the most uptoday redistributable does not fis the problem. And yes that dll was document as not being a final release to users, so develpoers should be considerate to their audience.

But I'm glad I found the damned dll, because the demo is sweet. Now If I can only get my hands on the ShaderDemo...

IDIC (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations)
Paranoid Android
Years of Service
User Offline
I recommend a proper installation of DirectX, but you can still download the DLL from the following link:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_24

DL it and put it in the [windows]/system folder, and try to execute the demo again.

If you have the d3dx9_25 dll, just make an extra copy of it and change the name from d3dx9_25.dll to d3dx9_24.dll (Don't delete or rename your existing DLL).

Cheers,
Paranoid Android.
Paranoid Android
Years of Service
User Offline
P.S.

Cool Demo!

Cheers,
Paranoid Android.
IceVAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Purples Studios have a new web, if you want look, download or write a comment in the blog click in the link. (This web is in perfect Spanish , in English is comming)
http://purplesstudios.blogcindario.com/

IceVAN/Purples Studios

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 07:17
Muy Bueno!

Love the demo. If you could get some nice motion captured animation into the 'statue' dude that would really finish it off nicely!

Conrad Brown

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:29:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:29:28