Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Puzzle Logic and Connecting Scripts through multiple entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I had this question posted at the end of another post I had but people must have missed it so I'll post it again.
Quote: "How do you get four switches to only open a door after being pushed in a certain order?"

1% done... [href]www.x-streamsystems.tk[/href]
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2005 13:31
Well I have never used FPSC and do not know its capabilities...but could you just store how they are pressed in an array and compare it to an array with correct order?

White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2005 13:34 Edited at: 31st Mar 2005 13:34
I can't say I know it front to back either, but I am almost sure that isn't possible because I believe the only place you can store values is in the "state" section. Thanks though!

jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Although, I think you might be able to do this with creative scripting; I don't think it is a trivial task. Just thinking about it, you could maybe have one switch "activate" another switch; which in turn activates another one. The problem is I don't see how to test activation of other entities within the scripting system. If you could, this would be relatively easy.
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
That is what I first tried when I got the idea but only the last switch did anything, and that was open the door. (even if all the other's hadn't been touched.) Thanks all of you for your help, but I guess it seems I'm needing BIG scripting help. (hint: the Master Scripter )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 13:49:23
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 13:49:23