Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / NuclearGlory updates soon?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 00:35
Has anyone heard a projected date to fix NuclearGlory problems? Or when the mesh to mesh collision would be added?

I heard they were re-writing it when I bought it but nothing since.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 01:49
Yes...November 2004. Sorry, January, er, Feb...no, March.

It's been promised for a long time, no sign yet.

BatVink
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 02:01
They say they are waiting on some integration info from Mike.

Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 12:44
OK the NG web site says as of March 29, 2005:
That basically theGameCreators are not giving them the info they need to finish the new plugin.

Come on TGC, Please give them the info!!!!!!!
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 14:53
So the new update is TGC will still not give NG the info they need get mesh-2-mesh collision. Not sure it is an update, but at least they posted

Anyone have a clue why TGC doesn't want this plug-in woking?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 14:58
You may want to email them and ask mike@thegamecreators.com as I think he was left with it. I have just went back to 2.03 until it is fixed.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 16:53
I doubt they "Don't want to make it work". After, they sell it on this site.

I imagine it's more a question of time and timing. No point giving them the stuff prior to 5.8, and that's only a week old.

BatVink
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 12:02
So you think TGC will send over the info to NG after 5.8 is release?

I just wish NG told me that the program was broken, before they sold it to me.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 15:09
Well they didn't know (depending on when you bought it) though I don't see it on their site now either I went back to 2.03 as it is faster than v3 because you have to turn off the octree in v3. I understand some people don't have that option as they bought v3 and never got v2. IMO NGC should give all v3 owners access to v2 until this is resolved.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 00:13
I have had V3 for ages. Still not had time to use it though but plan on using it very soon.

Without sounding like a dunce, what are the problems that you lot are waiting to be fixed? Is it unusable at the moment? Last time I ran all the examples it seemed to be ok.

Boo!
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 00:35
v3 is useless, he promised us a fix at march but decided to break his site and offer no support whatsoever instead.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 02:48
Quote: "v3 is useless"

Oh that explains everything.

In what way is it useless. I have just run all the examples using new 5.8 and everything still works.

I understand there is supposed to be an update soon to handle more complicated collisions, but surely that is not a reason to slag off ngc.

Any constructive answers as to what is wrong with v3? or is it just everyone moaning that new features aren't done yet.

Boo!
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
seeing as though were discussing NGC here can someone tell me, I want to use a matrix for walking on and use NGC ver 2.03 for all other collision, is it possible cos I cant seem to get it to work.
If not then I need a program that can manipulate .x file vertices like MagicWorld can manipulate matrix's, preferably with a texture applied to it. I have got Cinema4D 5SE, DeleD, Truespace 3SE but cant get the desired effect, oh and did I mention it has to be free and not a great big download ( not broadband )
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 05:26 Edited at: 14th Apr 2005 05:32
Yes you should be able to easily make NGC collision work like that. Just make sure you use the get ground height and position the object at ground height after calling runcollisionpro. I can post an example but would rather not side track this thread further. If you can make another post or email/msn message me in about 4 hours I will help. Unless someone else does first.

[edit] OOPS ... forgot to make a small list for Spooky.

1) The Octree is buggy with most complex objects and fails. You have to turn it off more times than on.
2) Only the Resp_slide mode works correctly. All others don't work more times than they do.
3) If you set your radius for the objects to uneven sizes like 10,20,10 or just scale it too large like 200,200,200 it will fail with some objects. What is strange is that it works on some objects and not others. The ellip is supposed to be independant of the objects
4) goes with 3 and 1. Using gravity (up and down movement) on objects fails in some cases.
5) stopcollisionpro crashes the program when you use startcollisionpro again making level changes difficult.

This is all I can think of right off but there are more. There are some listed on this forum. There was a more complete list of almost all bugs and work arounds (if existed) on their forums which were strangely taken offline shortly after.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 07:37
Thanks! That explains things in a clear concise manner. I'll keep those in mind when I start using it (one day never)

Boo!
Johnny Bolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 09:02
If you purchase NGC V3 isn't it just a set of code #'s you use at the beginning of the code that unlocks the DLL and allows this to run more then a couple of minutes? If so then could you purchase a copy of V3 , download a copy of V2 and use the same code #'s?

I was considering buying this but did not want to spend the money until they made the fixes for some of the problems. I have demo versions of V2 and V3 and would like to start using a full blown copy now.

The only true failure is not to try at all...
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 09:12
The serial numbers for v3 don't work with v2 (or so they say ... haven't tested). I bought v2 and upgraded to v3. If I bought v3 and didn't have v2 already as I have said before ... I would email NGC asking for either a definite release date for the fixes or full access to v2.03 until v3 is fixed. v3 costs more than v2 and is supposed to have more features anyway. I don't see why they wouldn't give you access to v2.03 until it is resolved if there is no known date of completion. I would if I were in their place.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 17:08
I agree. Long live 2.03...at least until V3 can walk unaided.

BatVink
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 12:31
[quote]Lost in Thought Posted: I would email NGC asking for either a definite release date for the fixes

It's an endless circle as NGC posts that they are waiting on TGC. And TGC has no comment. No win for the consumers.

Though it seems that NGC only asked once. I would hope they might try a little harder. Either way it's the consumer that is the real loser.
BealziBob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 20:18 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 20:26
Just a little update, I mailed NGC and asked what was going on.

To Paraphrase the response:

Quote: "I completely understand your concerns. In addition to the TGC problem there were some issues on our end that affected our performance, which we take full responsibility for. There is no excuse for such actions on our part,......"

Quote: ".....The next release will be v4. There's no good way to "fix" v3 without rewriting it....."

Quote: ".....All current users (v3 owners) will receive v4 for free, with all fixes. We will test it to no end, it will have the same commandset and more, with all of the promised "free upgrades" on the website, etc.... v3 has some integration issues that will result in most of it being re-written from the ground up so we're "upping" the version number completely. Once v4 is out we will only offer v2.03 or v4.00 for download because of the instability of v3......"

Quote: "....I doubt that we'll have the globstruct info for v4 so we hope that after the initial v4 release that some people will "awaken" and give us the answers we need to make it cool for their platform......"

Nice to see that NGC are willing to hold thier hands up and take responsability for thier actions. And according to this we should get a free working update even if TGC do not send the required info for "Poly to Poly" collision. Although perhaps I am reading too much into it.

I believe things are back in motion now, and am quite willing to willing to wait for V4.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 21:08
Yeah I don't mind waiting either because I have 2.03 to toy with I wish 2.03 had octree support. It would be awesome as 2.03 is faster than 3.01 with the octree turned off.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:58:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:58:11