Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Newton Wrapper

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have recently installed the new newton wrapper and have read through demo 1 and tried it out. I put the Newton.dll and NDB.dll in both plugins-user and plugins file and when i run it, it says it cant find the Newton.dll. Is there something i haven't done? Do i need to put it into the project folder as well. Also, I put the keywords in the rightplace because they are highlighted in the demos it just doesn't seem to read the .dll.

Thanks,
Flip998

"Wow, it's like a panda crapped a rainbow in my brain."
-Captain(Sealab 2021)
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2005 13:44
I believe the very latest release of Newton wrapper (1.32) has the version which requires the Newton.dll to be in the directory of your executable. If I remember correctly, the version that got packed into your .exe file was giving trouble in Win98...

Put Newton.dll in your project's folder (where .exe is) and it should work.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
cassius
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you also get compile errors when trying to compile and run the included demos? I am, but then again I am also running Windows ME. The program does eventually compile but not before throwing out a number of errors. I also had to use the version of Newton where I had to include the newton.dll in the projects folder along with the exe. I haven't had the chance to make anything new, I was just trying to view the DEMOS. I am using 1.30a. Anyone else have Win ME and getting the compile errors?

Cassius
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2005 20:38
Theer are 2 Dlls. NDB.dll goes in plugins-user. The other goes in your project directory.

If you have installed the U5.8 upgrade,there may be some changes required. If you have, best let Kjelle and Walaber know abot your problems.

BatVink
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 04:15
i think the 5.8 version needs newton to be enhanced , ngc also , and maybe some others plugins

A pixel is nothing , lots of can be all
Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
It works when i put the .dll in project folder but when i run it, it compiles and minimizes the program editor as it always does then tells me it couldnt find the .dll and perhaps reinstalling will work. But, after i press ok it goes to the program and everything works.

Weird,
Flip998

p.s. Anybody knows whats going on?

-Captain(Sealab 2021)
Kjelle69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 21:35 Edited at: 4th Apr 2005 21:41
The Newton.dll should be in the same folder as where your executable application gets when compiled by DBPro.

The NDB.dll must be in the plugins-user directory. Only ONE NDB.dll should exist on your system and this is where it should be.

Clean up ALL other occurences of the NDB.dll

Also, check that you have the latest version of the wrapper.

I have tried a lot of different projects with the 5.8 DBPro release, and it works as smooth as ever. I had some concern about the FVF format which is for example when scaling convex hulls, but after some different tests all I can say is that everything seems to work fine.

Please drop a line if you get any reproducable errors with the latest release and I will be on it !

-==The tame birds yearn, the wild ones dare to fly.==-
http://Mtec.hostname.nu
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 21:37
always good to know you care kjelle

Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
Yah it works, it just tells me it cant find it yet after the message the program runs perfectly with the physics and all. But these aren't my projects these are the demos and yes I have the most recent version. Well I haven't upgraded dbp after that new deal that you need your cd or something because my friend has it currently. Perhaps my dark basic pro needs to be upgraded?

Flip998

oh yah, and i have done everything Kjelle69 have told me and the message still comes up yet it works.

-Captain(Sealab 2021)
Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, now that i have Newton is there any point in having Nuclear Glory? Should i take it out and replace with newton because i have a current project using nuclear glory when i had a physics problem.

Thanks,
Flip998

-Captain(Sealab 2021)
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 00:01 Edited at: 5th Apr 2005 00:01
you have to update , else it will fizzle , update , there is no prob with the cd it's just a security for lamers

Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 11:34 Edited at: 5th Apr 2005 11:35
Well, i need a cd key and that is with my friend so this is pissing me off now that i cant run any programs yet.

Flip998

-Captain(Sealab 2021)
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 12:24
I'd advice you keep your licence close , reinstall dbpro fully , update to version 5.8 , update the ide , install the lastest version of newton , install all these properly and it will work , and for yourself , don't give away your licence to anyone else !

Kjelle , i have a problem with the terrains here , can you go check the newton forum ? found at http://walaber.com/ (for you flip)

Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
I updated dark basic and it works!!!

Thanks guys,
Flip998

-Captain(Sealab 2021)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:17:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:17:06